Cellular Glass Market: Overview
- Cellular glass, also known as foam glass, is a glass foam material, which is formed from a reaction between glass and carbon at high temperature. Foam glass has a cellular structure. Cellular glass or foam glass is insulation composed of glass, processed to form a rigid foam with a predominantly closed-cell structure. It is lightweight, rigid material composed of millions of completely sealed glass cells. Each cell is an insulation entity; it is independent of the other cells surrounding it.
- Cellular glass or foam glass insulation is 100% glass and contains no binders or fillers. It does not absorb flammable liquids or vapors. Cellular glass or foam glass insulation can help contain or suppress fire if it does take place.
Growth in Building & Construction Industry to Drive Global Cellular Glass Market
- Building insulation is any object in a building used as insulation for any purpose. Majority of insulation in buildings is for thermal purposes. Increase in population is driving the construction industry. Construction can be residential as well as nonresidential. Rise in demand for new construction has boosted the demand for cellular glass products. The cellular glass market is expected to be driven by increase in residential maintenance activities. Home owners are interested in investing more in the upkeep of their floors, walls, and roofing. This trend is anticipated to propel the global cellular glass market.
- Expansion in the construction industry is estimated to boost the cellular glass market, as people are increasingly getting inclined toward energy saving processes. Growth in population and increase in numbers of nuclear families in Asia Pacific are driving the construction industry in the region.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Applications of Cellular Glass
- Cellular glass insulation is a lightweight, rigid, and durable material composed of completely sealed glass cells. It is non-combustible, and provides superior compressive strength, moisture resistance, dimensional stability, and long lasting thermal performance. A wide range of shapes and sizes are available for building, equipment, and industrial specifications.
- Cellular glass is specifically designed for building and roofing applications for insulation purposes. It provides unparalleled performance vis-à-vis any other building insulation.
- Cellular glass also provides thermal performance and protection for a number of applications such as low temperature pipes, equipment, tanks and vessels, medium and high temperature pipes and equipment, hot oil and hot asphalt storage tanks, heat transfer fluid systems, chemical processing systems, above and below ground steam, chilled water pipes, and commercial and ductwork pipe work
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Cellular Glass Market
- In terms of region, the global cellular glass market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of value, Asia Pacific dominated the global cellular glass market in 2019. This can be ascribed to the growth in the construction sector in developing countries such China and India in the region.
- North America and Europe cumulatively accounted for large share of the global cellular glass market in 2019. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, heating and cooling costs amount to 50% to 70% of the energy used in an average home in the U.S. The U.S. Government is promoting the usage of cellular foams in order to bring down these costs, maintain uniform temperature, and lower noise levels in houses and commercial properties.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global cellular glass market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
- In June, 2017, Owens Corning announced that it had received all regulatory clearances and completed the acquisition of Pittsburgh Corning, the world’s leading producer of cellular glass insulation systems for commercial and industrial markets, for approximately US$ 560 Mn in cash, on a cash free and debt free basis
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key players operating in the global cellular glass market include:
- Owens Corning
- Cnud Efco
- Misapor AG
- REFAGLASS s.r.o.
- Zhejiang Zhenshen Thermal Technology Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Dehe Insulation Technology Co., Ltd.
- Uusioaines Oy
Global Cellular Glass Market: Research Scope
Global Cellular Glass Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
Global Cellular Glass Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.