Cellular Concrete: Introduction
- The building & construction industry constantly seeks stronger and lighter materials that are resistant to harsh weather conditions. Cellular concrete meets these needs, as it is a cement-based construction material that is lightweight, fire resistant, and structurally robust. It is also sometimes referred to as foam concrete or foamcrete. Cellular concrete derives its lightness from the many tiny and evenly distributed gas bubbles. It is produced by mixing cement (or sand or fly ash in some cases), water, and a foaming agent. The slurry thus produced is then blended further in a concrete mixing plant by adding a synthetic aerated foam. It is imperative that the foaming agent used in cellular concrete produces bubbles that are high on the stability quotient so that they are able to endure the mixing and hardening processes and all of the physical and chemical changes that occur during the same.
- Cellular concrete is usually poured into molds to harden. It is also sometimes pumped directly into structural elements depending on the need of the project. The material may be left to naturally solidify (which takes about 24 hours) or may be cured using steam at temperatures of up to 70?C for faster hardening. Suppliers typically produce cellular concrete in densities between 250 kg/m³ and 1600 kg/m³ in terms of volume weight.
- The cellular concrete market is dynamic; it is characterized by the rising need for product innovation owing primarily to the fact that product differentiation is low. High degree of competition, especially at the domestic level, is boosting product innovation and new launches in the market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cellular Concrete Market
- Growth and performance of the cellular concrete market is directly proportional to the state of the building & construction industry. Increase in urbanization in countries in Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East is boosting the demand for cellular concrete, as it is used in new constructions and maintenance and rebuilds. The resurgence of the construction sector post the global economic slowdown of 2008 has helped the global cellular concrete market gain momentum.
- Companies in the building & construction industry are more willing to replace conventional concrete with cellular concrete owing to the latter’s superior insulation properties and affordable pricing. Cellular concrete is expected to be used in large volume in road construction projects, as the material can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Availability of substitute materials that offer many of the features of cellular concrete is anticipated to pose a threat to the global cellular concrete market
Cellular Concrete: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global cellular concrete market can be divided into building materials, road sub-bases, concrete pipes, void filling, roof insulation, bridge abutment, and others
- The building materials segment accounted for the major share of the global cellular concrete market in 2020. It is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period.
Cellular Concrete: End-user Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global cellular concrete market can be segmented into residential buildings, commercial buildings, infrastructure, and others
- The infrastructure segment accounted for significant share of the global cellular concrete market in 2020. It is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact on Cellular Concrete Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted a large number of countries across the globe. Various measures introduced to deal with the pandemic such as lockdowns, decrease in trade activities, and temporary closure of various factories and workplaces in several countries can help save lives. However, these measures carry wide-ranging economic effects that can induce an economic contagion.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected economies across the globe in various sectors. The construction industry has been severely hampered in several countries across the globe. This has adversely impacted the global cellular concrete market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Cellular Concrete Market
- In terms of region, the global cellular concrete market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The global cellular concrete market is dominated by Asia Pacific. In countries such as India and China, where urbanization is occurring at a rapid pace, the demand for low-cost, structurally sound, and lightweight construction materials is high. Europe is yet another viable region for companies looking to invest in the cellular concrete market, as smaller countries in Europe are expanding their infrastructure.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Cellular Concrete Market
The global cellular concrete market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global cellular concrete market include:
- Cellular Concrete Technologies
- Saint Gobain
- Laston Italiana S.P.A
Global Cellular Concrete Market: Research Scope
Global Cellular Concrete Market, by Application
- Building Materials
- Road Sub-bases
- Concrete Pipes
- Void Filling
- Roof Insulation
- Bridge Abutment
Global Cellular Concrete Market, by End-user
- Residential Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
Global Cellular Concrete Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.