Ceiling Microphone Market
Ceiling Microphone Market (Microphone Type: Wired and Wireless; Mounting Type: Hanging Microphone Models, Gooseneck Microphone Models, and Flush Mounted Models; and End User: Education, Telecom & IT, Government & Public, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare, Media & Entertainment, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
High Demand for Touchless Microphone Systems for Video Conferencing amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
Video conferences have been at the peak during the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. This trend has been a key driver fueling the demand for ceiling microphones. Companies in the ceiling microphone market are increasing efforts to develop models that are compatible with popular video conferencing apps such as Zoom. Thus, ceiling microphones have joined the bandwagon of collaborative tools that are in high demand for video conferencing amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Compulsory work from home policies and remote working norms are being implemented in most workplaces. Individuals are in need of collaboration tools, such as ceiling microphones, amidst the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The significance of touchless microphone systems is growing, since webinar sessions and video conferencing are on the rise. These factors are expected to drive the ceiling microphone market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Ceiling Microphone Market
Adaptive Acoustic Processing Helps Manufacturers to Win Patents for Ceiling Microphones
Adaptive acoustic processing and echo cancellation is highly preferred in ceiling microphones. Manufacturers in the ceiling microphone market are increasing efforts to gain patents for their products. For instance, ClearOne— a provider of audio and visual communication solutions, is gaining global recognition for winning a new patent entitled Ceiling Tile Microphone given by the US Patent and Trademark Office. Innovative ceiling microphones are contributing toward revenue growth of the ceiling microphone market, which is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the assessment period.
Companies are designing ceiling microphones that include beamforming and adaptive acoustic processing that automatically adjusts to room temperature. The proliferation of automation is a growing trend in the market for ceiling microphones. Likewise, manufacturers are focusing on innovations in flush-mounted models.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High-quality Sound Systems Gain Prominence in Higher Education and Government Sectors
Modern workspaces require easy-to-deploy audio solutions. Hence, companies in the ceiling microphone market are collaborating with audiovisual equipment manufacturers to create high-quality sound systems. In April 2020, Sennheiser - a German privately held audio company, announced that it is partnering with Extron Electronics - a manufacturer of professional audiovisual equipment, to leverage the former’s adaptive beamforming microphone array with Extron’s DMP Plus series audio DSP processors.
Since high quality sound systems are easy to control and work reliably, their demand is surging at workplaces. Manufacturers in the ceiling microphone market are increasing the applicability of adaptive beamforming ceiling microphones in higher education, healthcare, and government sectors to leverage revenue opportunities. As such, the market for ceiling microphones is expected to cross a value of US$ 53 Mn by 2030. Companies are aiming to simplify integration between products to increase the uptake of ceiling microphones.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Ceiling Microphone Market
Omnidirectional Ceiling Microphones Eliminate Issue of Ambient Noises in Conference Rooms
Individuals in corporate companies prefer a clutter-free work area, which has fueled the demand for ceiling microphones. However, ceiling microphones in conference rooms can often sound distant and washed out since individuals are often far from the mic. Hence, companies in the ceiling microphone market are increasing awareness about microphone setup solutions to avoid issues of ambient background noises when users turn up the ceiling microphone.
Tabletop and gooseneck ceiling microphones are being highly publicized, as they capture the audio better as the subject talks directly into the mic, thus eliminating the issue of picking up ambient noises. Companies in the ceiling microphone market are increasing their production capacities to develop omnidirectional microphone that are being used extensively in conference rooms.
Apart from corporate companies, fitness enthusiasts, gym trainers, and educational institutions are using touchless microphones. Companies in the ceiling microphone market are increasing their production capabilities to manufacture wireless models. However, highly reflective surfaces in conference rooms lead to increase in ambient noises through ceiling microphones. Hence, companies should educate users about microphone setup techniques to eliminate the issue of ambient noises. They should collaborate with professional audiovisual equipment manufacturers to increase the availability of high-quality sound systems. Companies are increasing efforts to earn patents for microphones integrated with the beamforming technology.
Ceiling Microphone Market: Overview
- The global ceiling microphone market is expected to cross US$ 53 Mn by 2030 from US$ 32.31 Mn in 2020, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% from 2020 to 2030 based on revenue
- The global ceiling microphone market is currently driven by growing need to enhance the natural sound experience in museums, conference rooms, convention centers, hotels, classroom, etc.
- North America was a significant contributor to the ceiling microphone market in terms of revenue in 2019. The ceiling microphone market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, due to increasing digitalization and adoption of technologically advanced devices in the region. In APAC, advancement in networking and infrastructure is expected to propel the ceiling microphone market during the forecast period.
- China is the most attractive market in Asia Pacific. The incremental opportunity is significantly higher for China, as it accounts for a dominant share of the ceiling microphone market in the region.
Ceiling Microphone Market Definition
- The ceiling microphone market report provides analysis of the global ceiling microphone market for the period 2018 - 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year, 2020 is the estimated year, and 2021 to 2030 is the forecast period. Data for 2018 has been included as historical information.
- A ceiling microphone set up, containing either one or multiple ceiling microphones within the room, enables a clean set up that is capable of picking up audio from the entire room, without the need for additional wires or cables. Ceiling microphones are capable of picking up audio from 360 degrees, and are ideal for conferencing, presentations, or collaboration with remote participants.
- In this report, we analyze the challenges end users face in acquiring the right ceiling microphone that can cope with the rapidly changing world. The report also highlights the total revenue and volume generated through the sale of ceiling microphones across various key regions worldwide.
North America Ceiling Microphone Market Snapshot
- The ceiling microphone market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by Europe. North America remains the leading market for ceiling microphones, with revenues in 2020 estimated at US$ 12.22 Mn. Strong presence of ceiling microphone vendors, along with increasing demand for wireless ceiling microphones in North America is a crucial factor driving the market.
Key Growth Driver of Ceiling Microphone Market
- Increasing adoption of ceiling microphones: Ceiling microphones are capable of picking up audio from 360 degrees, and are ideal for conferencing, presentations, or collaboration with remote participants. This has increased the adoption of ceiling microphones across various end users such as the education sector, media & entertainment industry, and government & public sector to offer a complete sound system package. In addition, ceiling microphones are used to improve teaching standards within a large group in educational institutes. Educational organizations have been widely deploying ceiling microphones, while addressing school/college assemblies, programs, and online classes, along with many other applications. This, in turn, is expected to accelerate the growth of the ceiling microphone market.
Key Challenges Faced by Ceiling Microphone Market Players
- Unlike other microphones such as handheld or table microphones, ceiling microphones are mounted together in a single unit array, which is capable of picking up audio from 360 degrees. This increases the cost of ceiling microphones. Thus, the high cost is one of the major factors hampering the ceiling microphone market across the world.
- Acceptance of low quality and cheaper microphones by industries can hamper the growth of prominent players in the ceiling microphone market
Ceiling Microphone Market: Competition Landscape
- In February 2020, Sony Corporation introduced IP-based ceiling beamforming microphone. The product provides speech reinforcement, along with clear audio recording.
- In July 2020, Shure, Inc. entered into a partnership with Logitech International S.A. to provide an advanced audio and video solution for meeting rooms
Ceiling Microphone Market: Company Profile Snapshot
- Shure, Inc.: Incorporated in 1925, Shure, Inc. is the world's leading manufacturer of microphones and audio electronics. The company offers products such as wired microphones, wireless microphone systems, ceiling microphones, in-ear personal monitoring systems, conferencing and discussion systems, networked audio systems, earphones, and headphones.
- ClearOne, Inc.: ClearOne Inc. is specialized in offering media collaboration solutions, professional audio products, unified communication voice solutions, network media streaming and digital signage, and professional microphones.
- Other major players operating in the global ceiling microphone market and profiled in the report include -
- Acoustic Magic
- Audio-Technica U.S., Inc.
- Audix Microphones
- Beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG
- Biamp Systems
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Clockaudio Pte. Ltd.
- GRAS Sound & Vibration A/S
- Harman International Industries, Inc.
- Phoenix Audio Technologies
- Polycom, Inc.
- Pro Acoustics LLC
- Sennheiser Electronic GmbH
- TOA Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- Yamaha Unified Communications, Inc.
Ceiling Microphone Market - Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global ceiling microphone market to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the ceiling microphone market to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the ceiling microphone market is expected to progress during the forecast period 2020-2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the ceiling microphone market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the ceiling microphone market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the ceiling microphone market, and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Units).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the ceiling microphone market, along with country analysis, key information, and a competitive outlook. The report mentions company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the ceiling microphone market, wherein, various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Ceiling Microphone Market
The report provides detailed information about the ceiling microphone market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the ceiling microphone market, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for ceiling microphone market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for ceiling microphones during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the ceiling microphone market?
- How will COVID-19 impact the ceiling microphone market?
- How can market players capture low-hanging opportunities in the ceiling microphone market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the ceiling microphone market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the ceiling microphone market to upscale their position in this landscape?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the ceiling microphone market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the ceiling microphone market?
Research Methodology – Ceiling Microphone Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to compile the ceiling microphone market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the ceiling microphone market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the ceiling microphone market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the ceiling microphone market.
Ceiling Microphone Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the ceiling microphone market on the basis of microphone type, mounting type, end user, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they influence the growth prospects of the ceiling microphone market.