Cat Supplements: Introduction
- The cat supplement market is expected to grow in the coming years owing to increasing cat adoption across the globe. France, the United States, Germany, and Japan account for major share in the cat supplements market.
- Growing concern about cat health and wellness is the primary driving factor of the global cat supplements market. People in developing countries are keen on adopting cats. Besides, increasing digitization is boosting e-commerce sales. These factors are anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the cat supplements market in the future.
- According to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention (APOP), around 57.6% of cats across the US are overweight. This increasing trend of obesity among cats mirrors the human pattern of overweight and highlights the need for adequate cat supplements, which is also encouraging manufacturers in this market.
Key Drivers of the Global Cat Supplements Market
- Growing awareness about cat health and wellness are major factors driving the growth of the cat supplements market. Governments of several countries are taking initiatives to promote the use of healthy and safe ingredients, thus indirectly impacting the overall cat supplements market.
- Boost in adoption of pets mainly cats is expected to drive the demand for cat supplements across the world. Rising income is encouraging the middle and upper middle class to adopt cats, thereby propelling the cat supplements market.
- Major players in the global cat supplements market are focusing on business expansion by adopting different strategies such as product portfolio expansion and development of distribution networks.
- Governments of various countries such as Austria and Switzerland have strict rules and regulations regarding animal health and well-being, which is also an important supportive factor for cat supplements demand.
Increasing Counterfeit Cat Supplement Products Expected to Obstruct the Market
- Major constraints of the cat supplements market are increasing number of counterfeit products, and rules and regulations regarding cat supplements. A growing market is encouraging local manufacturers to enter the market. However, availability of low quality cheap products is anticipated to hamper the overall cat supplements market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific Cat Supplements Market Projected to Expand at a Faster Rate
- In terms of geography, the global cat supplement market can be divided into five regions North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the cat supplements market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the cat supplements market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America cat supplements market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America and Europe hold major share in the cat supplements market owing to growing pet humanization and pet ownership, and expansion of several premium brand stores. Strict government rules and regulations regarding pet health is also a major driver of the cat supplements market in North America and Europe.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the most important region with significant growth potential in the cat supplements market during the forecast period. The region has some mature markets such as Japan and Australia, and emerging markets such as China and India. Locally-produced products are driving the market, owing to small manufacturers expanding their presence in the domestic market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global cat supplements market is highly concentrated with few top players. However, increasing number of local players is increasing the competition in the global market. Manufacturers and distributors are focusing on expanding their customer base through geographical expansion, merger & acquisition, and product development etc.
Some of the companies active in the global cat supplements market include:
- Ark Natural
- Nestle Purina Pet Care
- Novotech Nutraceuticals
- PRN Pharmacal, Inc.
- Mars and Affiliates
- FoodScience Corporation
- NOW Foods
- J.M. Smucker Company
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition
- WellPet LLC
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Cat Supplements Market, Request for a Sample
Global Cat Supplements Market: Research Scope
Global Cat Supplements Market, by Product Type
- Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Digestive Enzymes
- Others (Fatty Acids, Glucosamine etc.)
Global Cat Supplements Market, by Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets/ Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
The report on the global cat supplements market is a compilation of firsthand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness of each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on segments of the cat supplements market across geographies.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.