Cat food and treats: Food for cats based on their nutrient requirement
- Cats need appropriate amount of and well balanced food every day for healthy growth, just like human beings. Cats require specific minerals and vitamins, especially calcium, Vitamin A, and niacin. These nutrients are not available in sufficient quantity in foods such as cheese and bone marrow or sweet sugary substances given to the cats by the owners. Cat food and treats fulfill these requirements.
- The global cat food and treats market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increasing adoption of cats across the globe. Increasing disposable income and growing awareness about pet health and wellness is also anticipated to increase the demand for the products.
Key Drivers of the Global Cat Food and Treats Market
- Increasing adoption of pets, especially cats, is anticipated to boost the demand for cat food and treats across the globe. Rising income is encouraging middle and upper middle class people to adopt cats as pets, which is a supportive factor for the growth of the cat food and treats market.
- The growing popularity of cat foods highlights the increasing consciousness about cat health by cat owners and the growing importance of cats in people’s lives.
- Companies operating in the global cat food and treats market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as product marketing, geographical expansion, and development of new products to cater to the increasing demand for cat food and treats in different regions. For instance, during June 2018, Mars, Incorporated acquired the Linnaeus Group to improve its position as a leading veterinary provider across the United Kingdom.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Cat Food and Treats Market to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Growing disposable income and adoption of cats is encouraging cat food manufacturers to expand their product portfolio to cater to the growing demand across the globe. People prefer premium products for better quality, which is also a supportive factor driving growth in the cat food and treats market.
- Dry food is less expensive compared to other types of foods and has long shelf life. It is anticipated to show significant demand in the coming years. Buyers are focusing on products which are locally grown or natural, and have digestive benefits. This factor is anticipated to create lucrative opportunity for domestic manufacturers during the forecast period.
Increasing Number of Counterfeit Products Anticipated to Hamper the Market
- The major challenge faced by cat food and treats manufacturers is the growing counterfeit products in the global market in recent years. Presence of counterfeit products is expected to negatively impact the cat food and treats market and the health of cats. This factor is likely to hamper the cat food and treats market in the coming years.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Cat Food and Treats Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market for cat food and treats during the forecast period owing to increasing demand from Australia, Japan, China, and India, along with more focus on overall cat health. Increasing pet adoption by nuclear families is anticipated to drive regional markets such as India, China, and Japan.
- North America and Europe have dominated the market and are anticipated to retain their share in the coming years. Growing pet ownership and pet humanization, increasing number of premium store brands, and urbanization are some of the major driving factors encouraging the growth of the North American and European cat food and treats market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Cat Food and Treats Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global cat food and treats market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20%–25% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global cat food and treats market are listed below:
- Altuglas International (Arkema Group)
- Blue Buffalo Company
- Canidae Natural Pet Food Company
- Diamond Pet Foods
- Hill's Pet Nutrition
- Mars Petcare
- Nestle Purina PetCare Company
- Nutriara Alimentos Ltd
- The J.M. Smucker Company
Global Cat Food and Treats Market: Research Scope
Global Cat Food and Treats Market, by Product Type
- Dry Pet Foods
- Wet Pet Foods
- Veterinary Diets
Global Cat Food and Treats Market, by Ingredients
- Others (Cereals, Cereal By-products etc.)
Global Cat Food and Treats Market, by Distribution Channel
- Supermarket/ Hypermarket
- Specialty Stores
Global Cat Food and Treats Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global cat food and treats market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.