The card edge connectors is a series of metal tracks ending on the surface of a card, at the edge and it is plugged into a edge connector which primarily helps in data transmission The market has been segmented into by type which includes 2.54 mm pitch card edge socket, 3.96 mm pitch card edge socket, 4 mm pitch card edge socket among others. The market is also segmented into by application which includes measurement devices, communications equipment, control equipment, exchangers, measurement equipment, medical equipment, gaming machines among others. The market for card edge connectors, by geography is segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa and South America.
The market for card edge connectors is segmented into 2.54 mm pitch card edge socket, 3.96 mm pitch card edge socket, 4 mm pitch card edge socket among others. The 2.54 mm pitch card edge socket is developed primarily for AT bus standard (ISA bus). Furthermore, the connector has 98 contacts and spacing of 2.54 mm. Right angle dip and straight dip are generally available for printed circuit board mounting. Major application area includes measure equipment, control equipment, measure devices and communication equipment among others. Prime features of the 3.96 mm pitch card edge socket include tuning fork contact where spacing is 3.96 mm primarily for printed circuit board. Moreover, major features of 4 mm pitch card edge socket include single side edge and high performance connector primarily for printed circuit board. This type of card edge connector is suitable for different application areas which include residential and industrial applications for instance, fax machines, VTR, ECR, and audio equipment.
The major application fields of card edge connectors market include measurement devices, control equipment, communication devices, medical devices, Gaming machines and exchangers among others. Growing demand for control equipment and measurement equipment in different industrial set ups are one of the prime reasons behind the rising demand for card edge connectors market. Furthermore, increasing demand for gaming devices and other high end medical devices is also contributing in the growth of this market across different regions globally. Integrity and reliability issues in designs of card edge connectors is one of the restraints may inhibit the market growth. The growing application of card edge connectors in LED lighting is boosting the market. With the growing research and development activities in this field is opening new opportunities for card edge connectors across research lab equipment. The growing advancement in the field of communication equipment and measurement devices is boosting the market for card edge connectors worldwide.
North America and Europe is dominating the card edge connectors market globally. Rising demand for advance technology in the developing nations such as Asia Pacific is fueling the demand for the card edge connectors market. The U.S., Canada, U.K., Germany, France, Italy, China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Argentina and India are expected to witness positive growth over the forecast period from 2016 to 2024. Increasing advancement and demand for high end technology in the field of measurement equipment, control equipment, measurement devices and communication equipment is driving the market for card edge connectors market.
Research and development along with merger and acquisitions and partnership alliances are some of the major business strategies adopted by the companies operating in this industry in order to strengthen its foothold globally. New product development is another prime business strategy for better market penetration. Molex Incorporated (The U.S.), TE Connectivity Ltd (Switzerland), Amphenol Corporation (The U.S.), Cinch Connectivity Solutions (The U.S.), The 3M Company (The U.S.), HARTING Technology Group (Germany), Hirose Electric Co., Ltd. (Japan), Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (The U.S.), AVX Corporation (The U.S.), Kycon, Inc. (The U.S.), Yamaichi Electronics Co., Ltd. (Japan), CW Industries(The U.S.), Eaton Corporation Plc (Republic of Ireland), FCI/Amphenol (The U.S.), Samtec (The U.S.) and CONEC Electronic Components GmbH (Germany) among others are some of the major players operating in the card edge connectors market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.