Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors: Introduction
- A carbon monoxide detector (or, CO detector) is a device that detects presence of the carbon monoxide (CO) gas so as to prevent poisoning. Manufacturers have recently changed the definition of a single-station CO detector with a sound device to a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm.
- Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, tasteless, and odorless gas produced due to incomplete combustion of carbon containing materials. It is often referred to as a ‘silent killer,’ as it is virtually undetectable by humans. Hence, leakage detectors are required to detect its presence.
- CO detectors are designed to measure CO levels over the time and to sound an alarm before dangerous levels of CO accumulate in the environment. Sounding of alarm gives people adequate warning to safely ventilate the area or evacuate.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Demand from Commercial and Residential End-Users to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Carbon monoxide is the second-most common cause of deaths due to non-medicinal poisoning. According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), over 10,000 individuals are poisoned by carbon monoxide and require medical treatment every year and more than 438 people in the U.S. die due to carbon monoxide poisoning every year.
- Leakage of CO or increase in the level of CO can affect commercial and residential end-users including individual consumers, commercial buildings, public premises, health care organizations, and educational institutions. Increasing number of accidents and rising requirement for safety of people have resulted in the increased demand for CO alarms.
- Home appliances such as geysers, dryers, and refrigerators and areas that lack proper aeration, such as garages and service centers, are major and common sources of carbon monoxide. Since CO is odorless and colorless, the risk of affecting individuals is high. Thus, the need for CO detectors has been increasing from residential and commercial end-users.
Government Awareness about and Adherence to Carbon Monoxide Protection Safety Standards
- Due to the increasing prevalence of illnesses and deaths caused by high levels of carbon monoxide (CO) in homes and buildings, state legislatures in the U.S. have decided to adopt laws authorizing the use of carbon monoxide detectors
- The mandate varies from every enclosed room being required to have detectors, to every room that has a smoke alarm to have a detector, with only day-care centers and group homes needing detectors. For instance, since March 2018, a majority of states in the U.S. have enacted statutes regarding carbon monoxide (CO) detectors and the others have promulgated regulations on CO detectors.
- Carbon monoxide is a hazardous gas that affects the brain and the blood circulation system. Different safety standards for CO detectors exist, which include CO alarms as well. Various other local, regional, and national safety authorities are also promoting the use of CO detectors.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Market
- In terms of region, the global carbon monoxide (CO) detector market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The carbon monoxide (CO) detector market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to increase in population, industrialization, and the large number of manufacturers.
- The carbon monoxide (CO) detector market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth in the next few years
Key Players in Global Market
The global carbon monoxide (CO) detector market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for carbon monoxide (CO) detectors. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher market share.
Key players operating in the global carbon monoxide (CO) detector market are:
- ABB Ltd
- Aeroqual Ltd
- Dynament Ltd
- GfG Europe Ltd
- NGK Insulators Ltd
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Siemens AG
- Trolex Ltd
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
Global Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Market: Research Scope
Global Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Market, by Type
- Semiconductor Sensor
- Electrochemical Sensor
- Solid-state/MOS Sensor
Global Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Market, by Application
- Building Automation
Global Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.