Carbon Foam Batteries
- Rise in demand for renewable energy storage systems and electric vehicles has fueled the demand for batteries globally. Increased demand has resulted in a surge in investment on research & development for different types of battery compositions, electrodes, battery material, etc.
- Carbon foam battery is result of such revolutionary research & development. A carbon foam battery comprises a carbon foam-based porous foam with thousands of open cells/pores.
- The carbon foam battery works on microcell carbon foam technology, which delivers the best-in-class performance as compared to that offered by conventional lead acid and other premium batteries.
- The carbon foam structure in the battery redistributes the small separator reservoir of a conventional battery to the pores of the active foam battery plates themselves. This increases the efficiency of the lead-acid chemistry, as each microcell is accompanied with sponge lead or lead dioxide and sulfuric acid electrolyte.
- The carbon foam battery has four times longer lifespan as compared to flooded, gel, or absorbent glass mat batteries. The battery offers superior protection against corrosion and sulfation-related issues.
Key Drivers of Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market
- The carbon foam batteries market has been expanding owing to an increase in the demand for electrical vehicles across the globe in order to minimize the use of fossil fuels
- Easy availability of raw material, i.e. carbon, in large quantities for the production of carbon foam batteries is anticipated to boost the global carbon foam batteries market
- Distinct advantages offered by carbon foam batteries over the batteries available in the market are estimated to boost the market in the near future
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market
- Based on region, the global carbon foam batteries market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global carbon foam batteries market in 2019, owing to an increase in investments for energy storage applications in renewable and automotive sectors. Countries in the region, such as Japan, India and China, have started investing in electric vehicles to reduce carbon emission. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the demand for carbon foam batteries in the region.
- The carbon foam batteries market in Europe is estimated to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. Demand for carbon foam batteries in the marine sector is likely to rise, as the region, as the sector witnesses the use of a significantly high number of powerboats and leisure boats.
- The market in North America is likely to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Countries in the region is investing in electric vehicle networks. Furthermore, the usage of carbon foam batteries would help boost the travelling range of vehicles.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Market
- Firefly Batteries and Carbon Foam are the only companies operating in the global carbon foam batteries market
Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market: Research Scope
Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market, by Application
- Power Grids
- Energy Storage Systems
- Load Shifting
Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market, by End-use
Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa