Carbon Foam Batteries
- Rise in demand for renewable energy storage systems and electric vehicles has fueled the demand for batteries globally. Increased demand has resulted in a surge in investment on research & development for different types of battery compositions, electrodes, battery material, etc.
- Carbon foam battery is result of such revolutionary research & development. A carbon foam battery comprises a carbon foam-based porous foam with thousands of open cells/pores.
- The carbon foam battery works on microcell carbon foam technology, which delivers the best-in-class performance as compared to that offered by conventional lead acid and other premium batteries.
- The carbon foam structure in the battery redistributes the small separator reservoir of a conventional battery to the pores of the active foam battery plates themselves. This increases the efficiency of the lead-acid chemistry, as each microcell is accompanied with sponge lead or lead dioxide and sulfuric acid electrolyte.
- The carbon foam battery has four times longer lifespan as compared to flooded, gel, or absorbent glass mat batteries. The battery offers superior protection against corrosion and sulfation-related issues.
Key Drivers of Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market
- The carbon foam batteries market has been expanding owing to an increase in the demand for electrical vehicles across the globe in order to minimize the use of fossil fuels
- Easy availability of raw material, i.e. carbon, in large quantities for the production of carbon foam batteries is anticipated to boost the global carbon foam batteries market
- Distinct advantages offered by carbon foam batteries over the batteries available in the market are estimated to boost the market in the near future
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market
- Based on region, the global carbon foam batteries market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global carbon foam batteries market in 2019, owing to an increase in investments for energy storage applications in renewable and automotive sectors. Countries in the region, such as Japan, India and China, have started investing in electric vehicles to reduce carbon emission. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the demand for carbon foam batteries in the region.
- The carbon foam batteries market in Europe is estimated to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. Demand for carbon foam batteries in the marine sector is likely to rise, as the region, as the sector witnesses the use of a significantly high number of powerboats and leisure boats.
- The market in North America is likely to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Countries in the region is investing in electric vehicle networks. Furthermore, the usage of carbon foam batteries would help boost the travelling range of vehicles.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Market
- Firefly Batteries and Carbon Foam are the only companies operating in the global carbon foam batteries market
Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market: Research Scope
Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market, by Application
- Power Grids
- Energy Storage Systems
- Load Shifting
Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market, by End-use
Global Carbon Foam Batteries Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.