Carbon Dioxide Reuse Technologies Market: Overview
- The level of carbon dioxide in the environment has been increasing on a large scale since the industrial revolution. Activities such as burning of coal, oil and gas, as well as deforestation are the primary and major causes of increased carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere.
- High level of carbon dioxide can lead to greenhouse effects, climate change, acid rain, and human health hazards. Proper disposal methods need to be implemented to control the ill-effects of increased level of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide needs to be recycled or processed using certain technologies if complete disposal is not feasible.
Carbon Capture and Control
- Carbon capture and sequestration or carbon control and storage are the methods used to capture waste carbon dioxide from bulk point sources, such as cement factories, biomass power plants, and industrial applications. Carbon dioxide is stored at a storage site and deposited where it does not come in contact with the atmosphere.
- The primary objective is to prevent the discharge of bulk quantities of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Carbon capture is one of the potential means of reducing the contribution to ocean acidification and global warming caused due to the excess emission of carbon dioxide.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key Drivers of Carbon Dioxide Reuse Technologies Market
- Stringent environmental laws and regulation led by the environmental regulatory bodies by the respective country
- The idea to turn carbon dioxide emissions into synthetic natural gas which could be used as a fossil-fuel replacement
Carbon Dioxide Reuse Technologies
- Enhanced oil recovery technology is most widely used technology for the reuse of carbon dioxide. Under this technology, carbon dioxide is infused into depleted oil fields and acts as a solvent, which reduces oil viscosity, enabling it to flow to the production well. Once the production is over, the carbon dioxide is permanently stored in the reservoir.
- The urea yield boosting technology captures carbon dioxide from ammonia reformer flue gas for injection into the urea production process.
- Carbon dioxide can be used for various applications in the food industry, including cooling while grinding powders such as spices and as an inert atmosphere to prevent food spoilage, in food processing, preservation, and packaging technology. In packaging applications, carbon dioxide is used in modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) and controlled atmosphere packaging (CAP). Products such as poultry, cheese, snacks, and meat are packed in an atmosphere designed to extend shelf life. Carbon dioxide is commonly used in CAP and MAP because of its ability to inhibit growth of bacteria that cause spoilage.
- The enhanced geothermal system technology consists of two ways to utilize carbon dioxide: by circulating it as heat exchange fluid; and directly using it as a working fluid in supercritical carbon dioxide power cycle.
- The others segment consists of enhanced coal bed methane recovery (ECBM), algal bio-fixation, and carbon dioxide injection to conventional methanol synthesis.
Asia Pacific expected to hold major share in the Carbon Dioxide Reuse Technologies Market
Geographically, the carbon dioxide reuse technologies market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is projected to lead the global carbon dioxide reuse technologies market during the forecast period, due to the implementation of stringent environment laws and regulations in the region.
- The carbon dioxide reuse technologies market in North America and Europe is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to account for moderate share of the global carbon dioxide reuse technologies market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Carbon Dioxide Reuse Technologies market here
Key Players Operating in the Carbon Dioxide Reuse Technologies Market:
The carbon dioxide reuse technologies market is highly concentrated with top companies as the technologies have started taking pace recently
- Vattenfall AB
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
Global Carbon Dioxide Reuse Technologies Market: Research Scope
Global Carbon Dioxide Reuse Technologies Market, by Technology
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Urea Yield Boosting
- Food Processing, Preservation & Packaging
- Enhanced Geothermal Systems
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.