Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market: Overview
- Carbon capture-to-fuel is the method of producing synthetic fuels by capturing carbon from the atmosphere through the direct air capture (DAC) system with hydrogen to produce hydrocarbon fuels
- In the carbon capture-to-fuel method, a DAC plant uses large-sized fans to pull outside air through filters coated with a liquid solution that traps carbon dioxide. This captured carbon dioxide is then converted into small pellets of calcium carbonate.
- In this method, the CO2 captured from DAC plants can also be stored under the ground. This, in turn, helps in eliminating emissions from fuels, which is required to reduce the impact of global climate change.
- The fuels produced by using the carbon capture-to-fuel method are naturally renewable, as they are obtained from the recycled CO2
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market report
Key Drivers of Global Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market
- Rise in the demand for clean fuel and limited availability of hydrocarbon-based fossil fuels are expected to boost the global demand for the carbon capture-to-fuel method in the near future
- One of the major factors driving the demand for carbon capture-to-fuel is the rise in concerns about global warming and the resulting demand for CO2-free technologies, which is prompting governments and private investors across the globe to closely consider all possible options to manufacture manmade fuels
- Moreover, combustion of fossil fuels at such a large scale results in the release of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Increase in the level of these gases in the atmosphere has resulted in irreversible phenomena such as climate change and depletion of ozone. According to the Paris Climate Change Agreement, removal of the existing CO2 from the atmosphere is necessary. This factor is expected to drive the global market for carbon capture-to-fuel during the forecast period.
Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market: Key Developments and Policies
- In January 2020, Svante Inc. and Climeworks AG announced to have signed an agreement to collaborate for the development of carbon capture technology solutions. Both companies share the objective of preventing climate-relevant amounts of CO2 from being released into the atmosphere or removing them from the air. The Joint Development Agreement (JDA) would help Svante’s and Climeworks’ respective carbon capture technology solutions to be scaled up rapidly.
- In September 2019, Carbon Engineering Ltd. (CE), a major player in the clean energy sector in North America, announced to have expanded the capacity of its first commercial direct air capture (DAC) plant. This would enable its corporate customers to permanently remove carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from the atmosphere. The planned facility is being engineered in partnership with Oxy Low Carbon Ventures, LLC (OLCV), which is a subsidiary of Occidental.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market
- Based on region, the global carbon capture-to-fuel market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is expected to hold a major share of the global carbon capture-to-fuel market during the forecast period. Implementation of stringent regulations on carbon emissions is driving the market in the region. Demand for the carbon capture technology has been rising significantly in Europe over the last few years.
- The European Union (EU) has already taken an initiative for deployment of renewables, with a target of 20% renewables in its overall energy consumption by 2020. Furthermore, member countries the EU aim to increase this target to 27% by 2030. Based on the EU Reference Scenario 2016, the share of renewables in the net electricity generation is projected to rise to 37%, 43%, and 53% by 2020, 2030, and 2050, respectively.
- North America is another key region of the global carbon capture-to-fuel market. The growing focus on research and development activities to introduce innovative technologies is the primary factor driving the market in North America.
- Growing awareness regarding emission control technologies including the carbon capture-to-fuel method and expansion of manufacturing facilities in Asia Pacific are projected to drive the carbon capture-to-fuel market in the region during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market
Key players in Global Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market
- Svante Inc.
- Carbon Engineering Ltd.
- Climeworks AG
- Shell Cansolv
- Carbon Recycling International
- Antecy B.V.
Global Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market: Research Scope
Global Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market, by Fuel
- Synthetic Gasoline
- Aviation Fuel
Global Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market, by Technology
- DAC (Direct Air Capturing)
Global Carbon Capture-to-fuel Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.