Cap and Hat Market – Introduction
- Cap and hat are an element of clothing worn on the head as a fashion accessory and for protection against sunlight and dust. The increasing use of caps and hats by athletes and growth in fashion industry is increasing the demand for caps and hats in the market across the globe.
Key Drivers of the Cap and Hat Market
- Cap and hat are a type of headwear available in different sizes, styles, and designs. They are mostly used as a fashion choice but also protect the skin and hair from sunlight and dust. They can be used in both casual and formal settings and are available at low prices. These factors increase the demand for hats and caps in the market.
- The increasing demand for caps and hats in sports from athletes is helping in the growth of the market worldwide. Players active in sports such as baseball, cricket, and polo, extensively use caps and hats for protection from sunrays and excessive light, which increases their demand in the market.
Factors Restraining the Cap and Hat Market
- The outbreak of Covid-19 affected the growth of the cap and hat market across the globe. Consumers preferred to stay at home due to lockdowns and social distancing norms, which decreased the demand for hats and caps. Also, the pandemic resulted in closure of manufacturing plants and disruption of supply chains which further hampered the growth of the market worldwide.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Cap and Hat Market
- In terms of region, the global cap and hat market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the cap and hat market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The cap and hat market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global cap and hat market in 2020, due to growth in e-commerce platforms and rise in disposable income of consumers in the region. Rise in population has been driving the cap and hat market in Asia Pacific, particularly in India, China, and Japan.
- The cap and hat market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America, and Europe during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Cap and Hat Market
The global cap and hat market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global cap and hat market are:
- Nike, Inc.
- New Era Cap
- Under Armour, Inc.
- New Balance
Global Cap and Hat Market: Research Scope
Global Cap and Hat Market, by Material Type
Global Cap and Hat Market, by Consumer Group
Global Cap and Hat Market, by Price
Global Cap and Hat Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Departmental Store
Global Cap and Hat Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!