Cannabis-Infused Edibles Market Forecast and CAGR
According to the latest research by Transparency Market Research, the cannabis-infused edibles market is set to witness significant growth during the forecast period 2021-2031. The growing acceptance of cannabis and cannabis-infused products around the globe is the key factor that significantly contributes to the growth of the cannabis-infused edibles market.
What is Driving Demand for Cannabis-Infused Edibles Market?
According to a National Restaurant Association study, three out of four chefs considered cannabis-infused food a hot trend in 2020. With cannabis legalization in several countries, the consumers are exploring more choices for edible which contains a small dose of cannabis. The functional benefits of cannabis-infused edibles, like anti-inflammatory activity, pain relief, anxiety reduction are attracting the attention of the consumer.
The increasing demand for different flavors of cannabis-infused edibles motivated the food & beverage manufacturer to concentrate on seasonal flavors with a small dose of cannabis. According to a recent study, 58% of cannabis users are interested in trying or purchasing cannabis-infused chocolate, and 47% are interested in sugar confectionery edibles. Thus, increasing demand for cannabis-infused food & beverages is driving the growth of the cannabis-infused edibles market.
Rising Acceptance of cannabis-infused edibles
The opinion about cannabis-infused edibles is changing among the consumer as well as most of the country shifting towards the legalization of the recreational and medicinal use of cannabis. The growing acceptance of cannabis-infused food and beverages is expected to create many opportunities for the new and existing market players in different regions around the globe.
Cannabis edibles are widely used for medical use and are extensively accepted by the developed countries such as U.S., Canada, Spain, Australia, and others. Cannabis is used to treat Alzheimer’s, arthritics diseases which are expected to propel the growth of the market.
With the increasing awareness about cannabis-infused edibles among consumers, the manufacturers offering different food and beverages which contain a limited amount of cannabis extract or oil. The manufacturer introducing new products with consumer demand and needs such as Province brands, which is Canadian research and Development Company that introduces the world’s first alcohol-free beer brewed from cannabis.
COVID-19 outbreak created an anxious situation among the food & beverage manufacturer owing to the trade barriers, but the steady demand for cannabis edible has minimal impact on the cannabis market in the U.S and other countries. For instance, in the U.S. cannabis edibles sales were increased by 10.6% during the pandemic owing to the health beneficial properties. Thus, the health beneficial properties of cannabis are expected to escalate the growth of the cannabis-infused edibles market.
US and Canada Cannabis-Infused Edibles Market Outlook
According to the cannabis edibles and beverages Innovation Horizon Consumer Survey, 43% of US consumers have either tried or are interested in trying food and drink that contains CBD as a functional ingredient. With the increasing acceptance of cannabis-infused edibles, the consumer is seeking clean cannabis products which are natural or organic.
Demand for cannabis-infused edibles in U.S. and Canada market will be led by highlighted manufacturers’ interest in increasing their market share in this industry with the increased focus on different flavors. The manufactures are also focusing on research & development to introduce a new product that includes cannabis-infused edibles to fulfil the increasing demand for cannabis-infused edibles.
The manufactures in food & beverages also identify cannabis-infused edibles beverages and food products to be a lucrative prospect for increased profits with these innovative food products. The growing popularity has enabled manufacturers to increase the production capacity to fulfill the increasing demand for cannabis-infused edibles. The growing demand and benefits of cannabis are expected to drive the substantial growth for cannabis-infused edibles in U.S. and Canada during the forecast period.
Europe Demand Outlook for cannabis-Infused Edibles
Europe is rapidly shifting towards the legalization of the recreational and medicinal use of cannabis. In Europe, cannabis is most widely used in illicit drugs which accounts for 38% of all money spent on the illicit drug. With the increasing awareness about cannabis-infused edibles, the manufactures in European countries offer cannabis-based products which contain less than 0.2-0.3% THC under the drug regulation.
In recent years, the government introduced specific laws and programs to allow medical use of cannabis in various forms to relieve the diseases. Several start-ups, small/medium enterprises, and a few large-scale companies were founded across Europe to improve production methods which attracted the interest of investors.
According to a recent study, France and Spain had the joint-highest prevalence of cannabis use in medicinal and edibles. Thus, the increasing commercialization of cannabis for medical uses in Europe is expected to benefit the market growth of the cannabis-infused edibles market.
Who are the Key Manufacturers and Suppliers of Cannabis-Infused Edibles?
Some of the leading manufacturers and suppliers operating in the cannabis-infused edibles market include Newt Brothers, PLUS Products Wonders, Charlotte’s Web, Bhang Corporation, Hugs Wellness, Isodiol International Inc, Dixie Brand, Sprig, Kaneh Co, Garden Society, Canopy Growth Corporation, Whoopie & Maya, Punch Edibles, Atlas Edibles, Wana Brands, Willie’s Reserve, Utopia Cannabis, Cheeba Chews, Kiva Confections, Wyld, NuLeaf Naturals, LLC, Baked Bros™, Incredible Edibles, LLC., Folium Biosciences, and others.
Key manufacturers like Newt Brothers and others are focusing on the expansion of production facilities as well as strategic alliances/partnerships with regional cannabis growers and manufacturers. The Manufacturers also focus on the growing handpicked strains of high-grade cannabis in the state-of-art facility to offer premium quality edibles.
The manufacturers also focus on research and development to develop competitive technologies and a new method for the production of cannabis-infused edibles. With the increasing demand for cannabis-infused edibles, the manufactures in food & beverages are inclining towards cannabis edible production to increase the revenue and geographical reach with an innovative product portfolio.
By Product Type,
- Brownies & Cookies
- Mints & Tarts
- Energy Drinks
- Herbal Tea
- Fruit Juices
By Sales Channel,
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retails
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.