Global Cannabis Packaging Market: Overview
Cannabis packaging is a booming industry as it offers enhanced cannabis preservation which aids, thus facilitating effective transportation. Global cannabis packaging market is expected to display a positive growth trajectory owing to the rising demand for cannabis worldwide. Moreover, penetration of cannabis in the medical industry has contributed to the market’s growth during the forecast period.
Global Cannabis Packaging Market: Notable Developments
Below are a few new developments aiding the growth of the global cannabis packaging market:
- Berk has developed new child-resistant tins for cannabis packaging that are highly portable and 100 percent biodegradable. Additionally, this sustainable packaging solution can be decorated using food safe coatings, thereby enhancing the aesthetics. It is highly suited for edible cannabis applications and offers a push and lock system. Launch of this product has opened several growth prospects for the cannabis packaging market.
- Development of new tuna-style can for cannabis packaging has served as a major breakthrough in the global cannabis packaging market. It preserves the freshness of cannabis by sealing it in nitrogen after removing the oxygen. As a result, consumer receives the product as fresh as the day it was packaged. It is extensively used in companies dealing with large-scale production of cannabis to maintain the product quality for a longer period of time.
Prominent players in the global cannabis packaging market include Lexaria Bioscience, Dixie Elixirs & Edibles, Shatter Labels, Maple Leaf Green World, Brandy Cannabis Creative, and Kush Bottles.
Global Cannabis Packaging Market: Key Growth Dynamics
Introduction of new active packaging solutions for cannabis is one of the major drivers in the growth of global cannabis packaging market. This type of packaging offers enhanced protection of cannabis by controlling the thermodynamic cooling and humidity. In addition, a rise in the medical cannabis packaging industry owing to increasing proliferation of cannabis in the medical industry has highly contributed to the market’s growth. Cannabis is extensively used for the treatment of several chronic diseases such as Alzheimer and epilepsy.
On account of stringent environmental policies there has been a rise in production and adoption recyclable cannabis packaging solutions such as compostable pouches and metal cans. This has impacted the cannabis packaging market favourably, thus expediting its growth. Additionally, rising consumer awareness regarding sustainable and protective packaging of cannabis has propelled the global cannabis packaging market.
Furthermore, a rise in transportation of cannabis leading to a rise in demand for efficient packaging solutions has led to an expansion of the market. Additionally, development of customized cannabis packaging solutions to support the brand positioning has facilitated cannabis packaging market’s growth.
On the downside, there a few bottlenecks that result impediment of the market’s growth. Factors such as stringent regulatory procedures pertaining to cannabis packaging and high initial investment may hamper the global cannabis packaging market’s growth. Nonetheless, increasing use of cannabis for recreational purposes and development of new tamper-proof and child-proof cannabis packaging solutions may create new opportunities for the market.
Global Cannabis Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America is expected to hold a dominant position in the global cannabis packaging market. This is owing to a rise in use of cannabis for the treatment of chronic diseases and recreational purposes. The market in Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a steady growth owing to rising applications of cannabis in the treatment of mental illness.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.