One of the most popular activities to indulge in as temperatures begin to cool in the fall months is camping. The major factor that leads to successful camping is to have a proper camping cooler. Camping coolers are convenient and portable when it comes to packing the camping larder. A camping cooler is a camping accessory which can ensure food safety and is a sub-segment of the outdoor equipment and sporting goods industry. Coolers are useful in large groups’ situations, where there is need for more capacity or for multi-day excursions where one needs to store food or drinks for a longer period of time. The other cooling products in the market are heavy, expensive, and use electricity from wall plugs. Camping coolers help in keeping food and beverage cold during outdoor activities like picnics, hiking, etc. Moreover, it is portable & small, and therefore is cheaper.
Since camping cooler is the primary storage option for chilled food and drinks, it is important to have a cooler that has acceptable ice life and holds up to the demands of an outdoor environment. The major factor driving the global camping coolers market is the fact that people nowadays are interested in varied outdoor activities that includes picnic, hiking, travelling, camping, group activities, and different sports. Along the way and during these activities, people want to have a break for snacks, drinking cold beverages or canned drinks. Camping coolers are useful for people involved in these activities and working in these places without access to a refrigerator. Since a regular refrigerator takes over an hour to cool food/ beverage from room temperature, this product is able to cool snacks or drinks in less than twenty minutes.
Another driving factor of the camping coolers market is the increasing amount of money that consumers spend on recreational activities, lifestyle changes, and rising participation in outdoor outings. In 2013, camping ranked as one of the top five most popular outdoor activities among young people in the United States. Over the next decade, the growing health benefits of outdoor activities are expected to contribute considerably to innovation in the camping coolers market. One potential downside is rusting of the aluminum cooler hanging tray that is designed to keep the food inside the cooler dry, cool, and away from the ice. However, there are some manufacturers offering rust-proof alternatives.
The global camping coolers market is segmented on the basis of product type, capacity, application, distribution channel, and region. Based on product type, the market is segmented into thermoelectric coolers, hard coolers, and soft coolers. The capacity segment is fragmented into up to 25 quart, 26 – 40 quart, 41 – 60 quart, 61 – 100 quart, and over 100 quart. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into backyard and car camping, RV camping, and backpacking among others. Distribution channel segment is divided into hypermarkets/ supermarkets, specialty stores, online and others.
On the basis of geography, the camping coolers market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. The North America market is expected to dominate as outdoor activities are popular with Americans. Asia Pacific region is anticipated to fuel the demand for camping coolers owing to growing population in this region and people engaging in outdoor activities for recreation.
The players involved in the designing, development, and manufacturing of camping coolers are Igloo Coolers, Coleman Company, Inc., Pelican Products, Inc., ORCA Coolers, Bison Coolers, Engel Coolers, Grizzly Coolers, Polar Bear Coolers, Yeti Coolers, LLC, K2 Coolers, AO Coolers, Stanley, Outdoor Active Gear, and Koolatron among others. Though camping coolers are simple devices, the rise of new cooler manufacturers has forced them to add new features to stand out from the crowd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.