Calendering Resins: Introduction
- The process of manufacturing various packaging films entails usage of calendering resins. Calendering is a process employed in the manufacture of high-quality and large-volume products, primarily PVC sheets and films. In the calendering process, the polymer is melted and compounded with heat and pressure in an extruder. Then, the film is formed by the pressure of calendering rolls.
Key Drivers of Global Calendering Resins Market
- The calendering resins market is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increase in usage of calendering resins in food & beverages packaging products is anticipated to drive the calendering resins market.
- Significant demand for safer and flexible packaging films for products from various industries such as food & beverages, pharmaceutical, and agriculture is estimated to boost the demand for calendering resins. Packaging with films made of calendering resins is widely used due to the increase in demand for flexible packaging for containers employed in the shipping industry.
- Introduction of new products in the flexible packaging industry such as vacuum pouches, high temperature retort pouches, and stand-up pouches has led to a change in packaging trends. This is a major factor that is propelling the calendering resins market.
Food & Beverages End-use Industry Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on end-use industry, the food & beverages segment accounted for major share of the global calendering resins market in 2019. Significant growth of the food & beverages industry is expected to drive the calendering resins market during the forecast period. PVC, PET, and PETG films are considered the most economic means for packaging and distribution of food products.
- Various properties of calendering resin-based packaging films include improved shelf life, flexible packaging that makes it easy to store products, resealability, lack of contamination, UV resistance, recyclability, shock resistance, and low shrinkage tendency. Therefore, these films are primarily used in health care and medical applications. This is projected to drive the global calendering resins market in the near future.
Availability of Various Substitutes to Hamper Global Market
- Availability of various packaging materials used in the packaging sector is likely to increase competition in the global calendering resins market. Various types of resins, polymers, films, and tapes are preferred, owing to their cost-effectiveness. This is expected to hamper the global market during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact on Global Calendering Resins Market
- The Covid-19 pandemic has halted manufacturing activities of various end-use industries across the globe. This has weakened the demand for calendering resins. However, the situation is likely to recover gradually depending on the course of COVID-19's prevalence. This coupled with subsequent resumption of of manufacturing activities is expected to drive the market in the near future.
- Demand for calendering resins in the health care & medical sector has been rising across the globe owing to the growth in demand for medical and health care products during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is boosting the global calendering resins market.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Calendering Resins Market
- In terms of region, the global calendering resins market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to hold notable share of the global calendering resins market during the forecast period. Expansion of the food & beverages sector in the region is projected to propel the demand for calendering resins in North America.
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global calendering resins market during the forecast period. Demand for calendering resins is estimated to rise in food & beverages, automotive, and medical & health care industries in the region. Presence of well-established building & construction industry in Asia Pacific also offers significant opportunities to the calendering resins market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Calendering Resins Market
The global calendering resins market is fragmented with presence of large numbers of players. Market players have adopted various strategies to strengthen their product portfolios and expand presence in the global calendering resins market. Key players operating in the global calendering resins market include:
- Formosa Plastic Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- SK Chemicals
- Westlake Chemical Corporation
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
Global Calendering Resins Market: Research Scope
Global Calendering Resins Market, by Type
Global Calendering Resins Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Electrical & Electronics
- Building & Construction
- Health Care & Medical
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.