Calcium Sulfite Market: Introduction
- Calcium sulfite, a white salt of calcium cation and sulfite anion, is available in two crystalline forms: hemihydrate and the tetrahydrate. When calcium sulfite is reacted with air, it forms calcium sulfate or gypsum, which is utilized to manufacture plaster board and cement.
- Flue gas desulfurization technology is extensively used to produce calcium sulfite. It is further divided into wet desulfurization, dry desulfurization, and semi-dry desulfurization. Wet desulfurization is widely employed for flue gas desulfurization. The technology utilizes limestone or lime slurry and sulfur dioxide from the flue gas, which is commonly produced by burning fossil fuel from power plants or oil & gas industries to produce calcium sulfite.
- Prominent grades of calcium sulfite include industrial, food, and reagent grades. Among these grades, food grade is anticipated to hold a major share of the market, as calcium sulfite is extensively utilized as a preservative and antioxidant in order to prevent food deterioration against microorganisms.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Calcium Sulfite Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Calcium Sulfite Market
- Calcium sulfite is prominently used in various end-use industries such as food & beverage, water treatment, paper & pulp, pharmaceutical, and building & construction
- It acts as a strong reducing agent and oxygen scavenger. Oxygen scavenging characteristics of calcium sulfite make it an excellent antioxidant that can be utilized to preserve food. Moreover, it is commonly employed to preserve wine, cider, fruit juice, and canned fruit & vegetables.
- Rise in middle class income, rapid urbanization, and fast-paced lifestyle are likely to boost the consumption of ready-to-eat foods in the near future. These factors have driven the production as well as consumption of preservatives that are used fast food. Attributes of calcium sulfite, such as controlled microbial growth and protection against browning and spoiling are expected to drive the calcium sulfite market in near future.
- Calcium sulfite is employed as an inactive ingredient in the formulation of pharmaceutical drugs
Building & construction and water treatment segments to offer attractive opportunities
- Calcium sulfite is extensively used to produce gypsum, which is further utilized to manufacture Plaster of Paris, cement, and wallboard
- Increased impetus to develop infrastructure and FDI investment in the building & construction sector, typically in developing economies across Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa, is likely to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of calcium sulfite in the near future. This, in turn, is expected to drive the calcium sulfite market in the next few years.
High cost of production and increase of stringent regulations to hamper Calcium Sulfite Market
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates the use of labels on finished food containing more than 10 ppm of sulfite in the food products. In Europe, labels on food containing more than 10 mg/kg or 10 mg/L of sulfur dioxide and/or sulfites that declare the presence of sulfites in the food are mandatory.
Furthermore, the equipment and energy required for the production of calcium sulfite is high, in turn hampering the growth of calcium sulfite market.
Asia Pacific expected to hold major share of global calcium sulfite market
- In terms of geography, the demand for calcium sulfite can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of calcium sulfite, followed by North America and Europe. Rising demand for ready-to-eat food in China, Japan, and India is expected to fuel the demand for calcium sulfite market during the forecast period.
- Additionally, rising demand for gypsum in the building & construction industry in developing economies such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, is expected to offer considerable opportunities to manufacturers of calcium sulfite operating in the region
- Rising FDI investment in the building & construction sector in developing countries of Asia Pacific is another factor that is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Manufacturers of calcium sulfite based in North America are engaged in increasing the purity of the various grades of calcium sulfite through extensive research & developments and technological advancements
- Rising import of calcium sulfite in Latin America and Middle East & Africa due to its excellent antioxidants ability is likely to boost its demand in both regions
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Calcium Sulfite Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Calcium Sulfite Market
Demand for calcium sulfite market is moderately concentrated among a few manufacturers, who account for a major share of the market. Key players operating in the calcium sulfite market include:
- American Elements.
- Haihang Industry Co.,Ltd
- Onlyzone Corp
- FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation
- Tateho Co.,Ltd
- Pfaltz & Bauer, Inc.
- YOSHINO GYPSUM CO., LTD.
Global Calcium Sulfite Market: Research Scope
Global Calcium Sulfite Market, by Grade
- Industrial Grade
- Food Grade
- Reagent Grade
Global Calcium Sulfite Market, by End-use Industry
- Food and Beverages
- Water Treatment
- Paper and Pulp
- Building & Construction
Global Calcium Sulfite Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.