Calcium Hexaboride Market: Overview
- Calcium hexaboride is an excellent deoxidizing agent used for copper refining. Calcium hexaboride is the only material that does not reduce the electrical conductivity of the copper metal. The refining and deoxidizing of copper can affect key properties during the metal refining process. This component is vital for the copper industry.
- Oxygen is a major disruptive factor that can affect the copper production process by hampering the key properties of metal. Oxygen can enter the metal and form copper oxide. Copper oxide formation can be a key challenge for the manufacturer. Calcium hexaboride helps remove copper oxide by resisting its formation.
- Copper hexaboride has excellent properties that can prevent the lessening of electrical properties. Calcium hexaboride is widely used in the copper recycling industry, owing to its de-oxidant properties. These key properties are projected to boost the demand for calcium hexaboride during the forecast period.
Key Drivers of Global Calcium Hexaboride Market
- Growing demand for superior refining materials, such as calcium hexaboride, across the glove is projected to drive the global calcium hexaboride market in the near future. In the copper industry, calcium hexaboride is used, as it is a strong deoxidizing agent for the copper refining.
- Calcium hexaboride is also used in the steel industry, especially in boron alloy steel making. It is also used in cathode material manufacturing. It is a potential element for n-type thermoelectric material, which has the ability to generate electricity from large amounts of heat.
- Calcium hexaboride is the only material, which does not reduce the electrical conductivity of copper. Moreover, it does not provide any harmful properties, if used in large amounts. This factor is expected to create an incremental demand for calcium Hexaboride market during the forecast period.
- Copper metal plays an important role in electrical, automotive, and telecommunication industries. Rise in demand for metal refining materials is projected to boost calcium hexaboride market expansion.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Copper Manufacturing Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of application, the global calcium hexaboride market can be divided into steel manufacturing, copper manufacturing, thermoelectric material manufacturing, and cathode material manufacturing. The copper manufacturing segment is projected to hold key share of the global calcium hexaboride market during the forecast period.
- Calcium hexaboride is extensively used by copper refining companies as a superior deoxidizing agent. Growing number of copper refineries due to high demand for copper metal in several industries are likely to fuel the demand for calcium hexaboride during the forecast period.
Strong Competition and High Flammability of Calcium Hexaboride to Hamper Global Market
- Calcium hexaboride is toxic in nature. It is harmful for humans if inhaled in large amounts. Calcium hexaboride can cause eye irritation and skin rashes. It can also cause problems in the respiratory system. This factor can hamper the market for calcium hexaboride in the near future.
Calcium Hexaboride Market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa to Grow Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global calcium hexaboride market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The calcium hexaboride market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a rapid pace due to large copper mining companies operating in both regions
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold key share of the global calcium hexaboride market. China, Indonesia, and Australia are major copper producers in the region. Increase in copper and steel mining is projected to fuel the growth of the calcium hexaboride market during the forecast period.
- The calcium hexaboride market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period. Growing automotive industry and steel extraction activities in both regions are anticipated to fuel the demand for calcium hexaboride in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Global calcium hexaboride market has presence of a large number of manufacturing companies. Some of the key players operating in the global calcium hexaboride market include:
- Bayville Chemical
- ESPI Corp. Inc.
- 3M Company
- Alfa Aesar
- Triveni Chemicals
- ABSCO Limited
- Hubei Minmetals
Global Calcium Hexaboride Market: Research Scope
Global Calcium Hexaboride Market, by Application
- Copper Manufacturing
- Steel Manufacturing
- Cathode Manufacturing
- Thermoelectric Material
Global Calcium Hexaboride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.