Cake Gel Market Outlook
Cake gel is an important ingredient compound added to cake mixes to increase favorable characteristics, such as texture, binding and finer crumb formation. With increasing demand for quality finished products in the bakery industry, cake gel ingredients are expected to witness strong growth dynamics over the forecast period. The near maturing phase of cake gel market in developed regions is expected to drive key manufacturers to expand their presence in developing regions. The cake gel market is expected to be dominated by the bakery processors segment owing to the larger demand scenario from the processed food industry globally. However, the gourmet bakery segment is expected to experience comparatively higher CAGR over the forecast period owing to the rapid expansion of gourmet and local based bakery sector on a global scale.
Reasons for Covering Cake Gel Market Title:
Increasing demand for bakery based processed food segment in the global processed food industry as a result of the rapid expansion of on-the-go food product consumer base in developing and developed regions is expected to drive the demand for bakery ingredients, such as cake gel. Large-scale investments in developing regions by key processed bakery manufacturers has resulted in demand generation for bakery related ingredient, such as cake gels. Growing number of local baked product manufacturers in developing regions has driven a number of ingredient players to expand into regions, such as Asia Pacific and Middle East, owing to which bakery ingredients are expected to become easily available in these regions.
Global Cake Gel Market: Segmentation:
On the basis of nature, the global cake gel market has been segmented as –
On the basis of end-user, the global cake gel market has been segmented as –
- Bakery Processors
- Gourmet Bakeries
- Food Services
On the basis of product type, the global cake gel market has been segmented as –
- Gums & Resins Based
- Oil Based
- Synthetic Emulsifiers & Texturant Based
On the basis of form, the global cake gel market has been segmented as –
Global Cake Gel Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global cake gel market are AB Mauri (Associated British Foods plc), Dawn Food Products, Inc., Kerry Inc., Corbion N.V., BASF SE, The Puratos Group, Zeelandia Group, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Ulrick & Short, Ingredion Inc., Palsgaard A/S, Pentair Ltd., Bakels Worldwide, Orkla Group, etc.
Key Developments in the Cake Gel Market
Key product launches related to cake gel observed in the food and beverage sector are:
- In 2017, a research report released by the Institute of Food Technologists in Chicago, U.S., studied the efficiency of Chia mucilage as a cake gel. The research also stated that chia mucilage cake gel can reduce fat content in cake by 25% per 100gm and is a natural replacer for synthetic emulsifiers
- In 2017, Corbion N.V. launched a trans-fat-free emulsifier based cake gel solution to cater to the demand for the expanding clean label consumer base. The company claims that their emulsifier cake gel solution is more cost competitive than conventional emulsifiers
Opportunities for Market Participants in Cake Gel Market
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region in the global cake gel market owing to its growing bakery industry and formation of organized retails supporting penetration of baked goods, which will lead to increasing demand for the bakery ingredients, such as cake gel. The European region is expected to dominate the global cake gel market in terms of both value and volume owing to highest per capita bakery good consumption and presence of a well-established bakery industry. North America will follow the successive position of Europe in terms of revenue generation and volume demand in the global cake gel market over the forecast period. Expanding HoReCa industry is expected to drive the cake gel market in the Middle East and Africa over the forecast period and the region is expected to capture substantial volume share in the global cake gel market.
Brief Approach to Research
Our analysis will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology for the cake gel market to estimate data covered. Critical analysis of market dynamics and assessment of data points, segmentation and players will be conducted for the cake gel market. The product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the cake gel market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the cake gel market and its potential
- Cake Gel market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the cake gel market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major cake gel market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key cake gel market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the cake gel market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.