Café: Coffee House Shop Typically Serving Coffee
- Coffee is one of the flagship products of a café. Such business establishment employ innovative strategies to remain competitive in the market. These strategies include innovative and diversified menu offerings as well as upselling and cross-selling techniques.
- Increase in coffee consumption is encouraging café establishments to offer brewed coffee and specialty espresso drinks such as lattes and cappuccinos.
Key Drivers of Global Café Market
- Rise in demand for coffee consumption is one of the primary factors driving the café market. Growth in consumption of coffee is primarily driven by the rise in health awareness and increase in income levels in various developing and emerging countries.
- Increase in coffee consumption among millennials is also driving the café market. Rise in diversification of coffees, such as decaf coffee and cold beverage coffee, has prompted the millennials to try newer types of coffee. This is anticipated to boost the café market. Furthermore, growth in trend of coffeehouses as a place for socializing among the millennials is anticipated to boost the café market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increase in Number of Single Cup Brewers to Offer Lucrative Opportunities to Café Market
- The number of single cup coffee brewers has been rising since the last couple of years. Single cup brewers offer convenience and freshness. They also help keep the costs down. Additionally, ease of use, good marketing, and availability of wide variety of flavors have contributed toward its popularity. This is anticipated to provide new opportunities to the café market.
Growth of Online Food Delivery Portals to Hamper Café Market
- Advent of online food delivery portals is one of the key factors restraining the café market. Increase in convenience and availability of wide selection of food at reasonable rates are driving the business for online food delivery portals. This is hampering the café market, as large number of people prefer the convenience of having premium coffee in home by ordering it online.
- Volatility in prices of raw materials of coffee is also adversely affecting the café market. Shortage in supply of coffee beans leads to an increase in prices of coffee in cafés, thereby resulting in sluggish growth of the café market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Cafe Market, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific Offers Growth Avenues for Global Café Market
- Geographically, the global café market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The café market in Europe and North America is robust due to the high consumption rate of coffee in the countries in these regions. According to data published by the National Coffee Association, U.S., approximately 63% of the adult population in the country drinks coffee. The café market in developing regions such as Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a promising pace in the near future. China has experienced an exponential growth in coffee consumption in the last decade. According to data released by the International Coffee Organization, coffee consumption rate in China is increasing at an annual rate of more than 16%.
- Starbucks, a leading international coffee chain, is rapidly expanding its presence in China. The company tripled its store count to 3,300 in 2018 from 1,017 in 2013. Similarly, coffee consumption in South America is increasing at an exponential rate. The long coffee tradition in some of the coffee producing countries and increase in purchasing power have boosted the demand for differentiated coffee.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global café market is highly fragmented with the presence of various key global cafés along with many region-based players. These companies account for a highly volatile market share, which keeps changing based on the global coffee consumption trend. Major players operating in the global café market include:
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- Barista Hustle
- DD IP Holder LLC (Dunkin Brands)
- Restaurant Brands International
- Whitbread PLC.
- Café Coffee Day
- Tim Hortons
- Caribou Coffee Company
- Gloria Jean's Gourmet Coffees
Global Café Market: Research Scope
Global Café Market, by Type
- Corporate Store
Global Café Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.