The market for automation is increasing at a considerable rate due its adoption in industrial and urban use. Automation uses a large number of components such as relays, switchgear, HVAC systems, human machine interface (HMI) screens and IT systems which are connected through wires or cables. These cables may be small in size ranging from 0.5 sq. mm to 35 sq. mm. Tracking the exact wire connection in an automation system is difficult task for any engineering person. Thus, the use of a cable tag becomes important here. A cable tag is a label indicating the serial number or information on a particular wire regarding to which component it is connected. A cable tag can be pasted or inserted as a ferrule on the cable.
Cable tags comes in various types such as ferrule tags, sleeve-based tag, sleeveless-based tag, tie-based tag, wrap-around label tag and heat shrinkable tag. A ferrule tag is a small plastic bracelet which is inserted at the end of cable. Ferrules are available in the form of numbers and alphabets separately. This enables customer to customize the tag by choosing a ferrule and making tag out of them. Ferrules are also used to label a bunch of cables by simply inserting with the plastic or aluminum tie. A sleeve-based tag is a plastic sleeve tag which can be inserted on cable. The consumer can paste the paper label on plastic sleeve tag as per the requirement. A sleeveless tag is a one piece tag which can be mounted on cables via a locking mechanism. Tie-based tag contains a plastic coated paper which has tie on both sides. The tag can be attached on the cable by tightening both ties. A wrap-around label tag is a plastic coated paper label which can be pasted on a wire or cable. The customer uses a printing machine to print on plastic coated paper. A heat shrinkable cable tag is a ribbon which shrinks upon removal of the supporting core and is quickly inserted around the cable. The printing on the ribbon is done by the manufacturer upon request from the customer.
Cable tags should be able to withstand high temperature and harsh weather condition, so that the printing on tag does not fade way. Cable tag companies are now finding innovative ways to resolve this problem. Cable tag companies are printing label on aluminum or stainless steel tag by punching letters on tag. The aluminum or stainless steel tag has long life compared to plastic or paper which is its main advantage. However, plastic ferrules and plastic coated paper wrap-around label tag are most commonly used in market due to its low cost. Cable tags find application in industrial and home automation. Industrial automation covers sectors such as petrochemical & refineries, pharmaceutical industries, automotive, shipbuilding, IT companies and railways.
The market for cable tags is characterized by the presence of a significant number of local players. The demand for cable tags is going to increase in regions such as North America and Europe due to growing adoption of automation technologies. Emerging economies such as India and China are also experiencing growth in industrial automation and this is expected to aid the growth in demand for cable tags.
Some of the key cable tag manufacturers are TE Connectivity Ltd, Brady Worldwide Inc, ZipTape Label ID Systems, Legrand Electric Limited, Panduit, 3M Company, Cable Label Co Ltd, HellermannTyton Co. Ltd, Industrial Labelling Solutions and Marking Services Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth insights, understanding market evolution by tracking historical developments, and analyzing the present scenario and future projections based on optimistic and likely scenarios. Each research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology developments, types, applications, and the competitive landscape.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Key market segments and sub-segments
- Evolving market trends and dynamics
- Changing supply and demand scenarios
- Quantifying market opportunities through market sizing and market forecasting
- Tracking current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive insights
- Opportunity mapping in terms of technological breakthroughs
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
TMR estimates the market size of various sectors using a combination of available data on the number and revenue of companies within each sub-sector and tiers of companies. The basic components used to determine market size and forecast for a specific product area are not only limited to supply-side data, but are also related to demand, industry trends, and the economic outlook. All the above data points are utilized to generate a statistical model targeting the sector marketplace. More than 300 TMR analysts across the world integrate these elements into a framework to determine the subsector market size for a base year and then forecast growth within each market.
TMR regularly interviews technology and business professionals as an ongoing effort to track the latest developments within each sector. These continuous surveys are stratified by company size and industry segment and weighted to reflect the global market place. All data are collected on an ongoing effort through a structured questionnaire rolled over the web or conducted via telephones. This provides the TMR team opportunities to request for detailed question sets, complex skip patterns, and real-time calculations, which assists respondents in answering questions involving numbers and percentages. Respondents, who are interviewed as experts, are screened and qualified based on certain criteria in addition to their decision-making authority and the scope of activity within their organizations.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.