Global Butyl Rubber Market: Overview
The global butyl rubber market is anticipated to display considerable growth in the near future due to its rising demand for several applications. Typically, butyl rubber contains 98% polyisobutylene and 2% isoprene that are randomly spread in the polymer chain. Due to the exceptional product characteristics of butyl rubber, which includes excellent permeability to moisture and gases and outstanding heat resistance and ageing stability, they are preferred over conventional rubbers.
The market study assesses market indicators, growth trends, and product innovations that will impact the growth of the global butyl rubber market over the forecast period.
Global Butyl Rubber Market: Drivers and Restraints
Butyl rubber is expected to exhibit significant growth over the forecast period owing to its superior properties including exceptional resistance to chemical, ozone, and weather. Though initially developed for tire applications, butyl rubber is increasingly being used in other sectors such as healthcare, consumer products, and adhesives.
Butyl rubber is used in several end-user applications such as adhesive and automotive. The enhanced damping property of butyl rubber accounts for its huge demand in the tire industry. Furthermore, the increasing demand for butyl rubber in the manufacture of plastics is expected to propel this market in the coming years.
The growing demand for butyl rubber for damp proofing and roof repairing is expected to fuel the growth of this market in the coming years. In addition, the use of food grade butyl rubber in food applications is expected to propel demand.
Butyl rubber is used in the explosives industry for the manufacture of plastic explosives. The increasing demand for butyl rubber as a binding agent in explosives along with the rising demand for explosives from the mining industry will propel its demand over the forecast period. Furthermore, butyl rubber can be added to diesel fuel to withstand fouling of fuel injectors. Last but not the least, increasing environmental considerations for regulating hydrocarbon and particulate matter emissions is expected to fuel market growth.
However, factors such as fluctuating raw material prices, regulations for volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions due to rubber manufacturing, and availability of substitutes are expected to challenge the market’s growth in the future.
Global Butyl Rubber Market: Regional Outlook
The butyl rubber market is broadly divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. Amongst these, Asia Pacific is the largest market for butyl rubber due to the expansion of the tire and tubes industry at an unprecedented pace. China and India display the highest consumption of butyl rubber in Asia Pacific. Some other important consumers of butyl rubber in the region include Malaysia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Macau, Indonesia, Australia, and Republic of Korea.
North America and Europe will display moderate growth as the butyl rubber is significantly used for several applications.
Global Butyl Rubber Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the key players in the global butyl rubber market include ExxonMobil Chemical, Japan Butyl Company, Nizhnekamskneftekhim JSC, Timco Rubber, Togliattikauchuk Ltd, Lanxess AG, Yanhua Petrochemical Company, Kiran Rubber Industries Pvt. Ltd., and Reliance Industries Ltd. among others. Amongst these, Lanxess AG and ExxonMobil Chemical account for the majority of the butyl rubber production.
Companies in this market are focused on strategic acquisitions to stay competitive in this market. Moreover, expanding presence in China and India for increased market share is also the focus of large companies in this market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.