Global Butyl Glycol Market: Introduction
- Butyl glycol (C6H14O2) is also known as BG, 2-butoxyethanol, glycol mono butyl ether, or ethylene glycol monobutyl ether. It is a colorless, hygroscopic, oily liquid with mild odor. It is a neutral liquid with low volatility.
- Butyl glycol is miscible with common organic solvents and water. Manufacture of butyl glycol includes reaction of ethylene oxide with n-butanol in the presence of a catalyst. It is employed as a starting material and chemical intermediate in various reactions.
- Butyl glycol is used as a solvent in printing inks, textile dyes, and lacquer thinners. It has ability to stabilize volatile compounds including flavors and fragrances.
- Butyl glycol is used as a solvent in water-based paints, due to its low volatility. It enables improvement in properties of enamel, without interrupting the drying time.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Butyl Glycol Market report
Rise in Demand for Paints to Drive Global Butyl Glycol Market
- Growing of the global paints & coatings industry is boosting the demand for butyl glycol for use in the manufacture water-based paints and coatings
- Leading manufacturers are focusing on the development of customized technological solutions based on industrial requirements
- Availability of substitutes for butyl glycol may hamper the global market for butyl glycol. Stringent government regulations and volatile prices of raw materials may hinder the global market for butyl glycol.
- Butyl glycol is listed under the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI), due to its toxic nature. The short-term exposure to butyl glycol may lead to pulmonary edema or necrosis, while its long-term exposure causes various chronic conditions including nausea, anorexia, anemia, and adverse reproductive disorders.
- Rising trends of environment safety, manufacture of high-quality and eco-friendly products, upcoming technologies, and new product reformulation are estimated to restrain the global butyl glycol market during the forecast period
Solvents Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on function, the global butyl glycol market can be segmented into solvents, chemical intermediates, and others
- The solvents segment is anticipated to hold a major market share during the forecast period. The segment is anticipated to witness rapid growth in the near future, due to growing consumption of solvents across various end-use industries.
Paints & Coatings Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on end-use, the global butyl glycol market can be segmented into paints & coatings, printing inks, metalworking fluids, electrical & electronics, and others
- The paints & coatings segment held a major share of the global butyl glycol market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue throughout the forecast period. Butyl glycol is widely used in the production of inks and coatings.
- Rising demand for paints and coatings in developing economies for the development of residential and commercial projects, such as industrial towers and houses, drives the global butyl glycol market
Asia Pacific to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Butyl Glycol Market
- In terms of region, the global butyl glycol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America has been a prominent manufacturer and end-user of butyl glycol over the last few years. The U.S. held a major share of the butyl glycol market in North America in 2018.
- The butyl glycol market in Asia Pacific is estimated to register the maximum growth rate during the forecast period. The market in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia is estimated to expand at a high rate during the forecast period. Rising industrialization and development of infrastructure are key factors driving the market in the region. Developing countries with low- and middle-income people use cleaning solutions with butyl glycol for house cleaning applications.
- Germany is projected to constitute a major share of the butyl glycol market in Europe during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Butyl Glycol Market
Key Players Operating in Global Butyl Glycol Market
The global butyl glycol market is moderately consolidated, with several regional as well as global manufacturers operating in the market. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in mergers, acquisitions, expansions, and new product launches in order to maintain their leading position.
Key players operating in the global butyl glycol market are:
- Sadara Chemical Company
- Anshika Polysurf Ltd.
- Nippon Nyukazai Co. Ltd.
- Lotte Chemical Corporation
- Sasol Ltd.
- Lyondell Basell Industries N.V.
- Eastman Chemical Corporation
- Asia Pacific Petrochemicals Co Ltd
- Dow Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- KH Chemicals
Global Butyl Glycol Market: Research Scope
Global Butyl Glycol Market, by Function
- Chemical Intermediates
Global Butyl Glycol Market, by End-use Industry
- Paints & Coatings
- Printing Inks
- Metalworking Fluids
- Electrical & Electronics
- Others (Including Pharmaceuticals)
Global Butyl Glycol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.