Global Butyl Glycol Market: Introduction
- Butyl glycol (C6H14O2) is also known as BG, 2-butoxyethanol, glycol mono butyl ether, or ethylene glycol monobutyl ether. It is a colorless, hygroscopic, oily liquid with mild odor. It is a neutral liquid with low volatility.
- Butyl glycol is miscible with common organic solvents and water. Manufacture of butyl glycol includes reaction of ethylene oxide with n-butanol in the presence of a catalyst. It is employed as a starting material and chemical intermediate in various reactions.
- Butyl glycol is used as a solvent in printing inks, textile dyes, and lacquer thinners. It has ability to stabilize volatile compounds including flavors and fragrances.
- Butyl glycol is used as a solvent in water-based paints, due to its low volatility. It enables improvement in properties of enamel, without interrupting the drying time.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Butyl Glycol Market report
Rise in Demand for Paints to Drive Global Butyl Glycol Market
- Growing of the global paints & coatings industry is boosting the demand for butyl glycol for use in the manufacture water-based paints and coatings
- Leading manufacturers are focusing on the development of customized technological solutions based on industrial requirements
- Availability of substitutes for butyl glycol may hamper the global market for butyl glycol. Stringent government regulations and volatile prices of raw materials may hinder the global market for butyl glycol.
- Butyl glycol is listed under the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI), due to its toxic nature. The short-term exposure to butyl glycol may lead to pulmonary edema or necrosis, while its long-term exposure causes various chronic conditions including nausea, anorexia, anemia, and adverse reproductive disorders.
- Rising trends of environment safety, manufacture of high-quality and eco-friendly products, upcoming technologies, and new product reformulation are estimated to restrain the global butyl glycol market during the forecast period
Solvents Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on function, the global butyl glycol market can be segmented into solvents, chemical intermediates, and others
- The solvents segment is anticipated to hold a major market share during the forecast period. The segment is anticipated to witness rapid growth in the near future, due to growing consumption of solvents across various end-use industries.
Paints & Coatings Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on end-use, the global butyl glycol market can be segmented into paints & coatings, printing inks, metalworking fluids, electrical & electronics, and others
- The paints & coatings segment held a major share of the global butyl glycol market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue throughout the forecast period. Butyl glycol is widely used in the production of inks and coatings.
- Rising demand for paints and coatings in developing economies for the development of residential and commercial projects, such as industrial towers and houses, drives the global butyl glycol market
Asia Pacific to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Butyl Glycol Market
- In terms of region, the global butyl glycol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America has been a prominent manufacturer and end-user of butyl glycol over the last few years. The U.S. held a major share of the butyl glycol market in North America in 2018.
- The butyl glycol market in Asia Pacific is estimated to register the maximum growth rate during the forecast period. The market in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia is estimated to expand at a high rate during the forecast period. Rising industrialization and development of infrastructure are key factors driving the market in the region. Developing countries with low- and middle-income people use cleaning solutions with butyl glycol for house cleaning applications.
- Germany is projected to constitute a major share of the butyl glycol market in Europe during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Butyl Glycol Market
Key Players Operating in Global Butyl Glycol Market
The global butyl glycol market is moderately consolidated, with several regional as well as global manufacturers operating in the market. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in mergers, acquisitions, expansions, and new product launches in order to maintain their leading position.
Key players operating in the global butyl glycol market are:
- Sadara Chemical Company
- Anshika Polysurf Ltd.
- Nippon Nyukazai Co. Ltd.
- Lotte Chemical Corporation
- Sasol Ltd.
- Lyondell Basell Industries N.V.
- Eastman Chemical Corporation
- Asia Pacific Petrochemicals Co Ltd
- Dow Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- KH Chemicals
Global Butyl Glycol Market: Research Scope
Global Butyl Glycol Market, by Function
- Chemical Intermediates
Global Butyl Glycol Market, by End-use Industry
- Paints & Coatings
- Printing Inks
- Metalworking Fluids
- Electrical & Electronics
- Others (Including Pharmaceuticals)
Global Butyl Glycol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.