Global Butyl Glycol Market: Introduction
- Butyl glycol (C6H14O2) is also known as BG, 2-butoxyethanol, glycol mono butyl ether, or ethylene glycol monobutyl ether. It is a colorless, hygroscopic, oily liquid with mild odor. It is a neutral liquid with low volatility.
- Butyl glycol is miscible with common organic solvents and water. Manufacture of butyl glycol includes reaction of ethylene oxide with n-butanol in the presence of a catalyst. It is employed as a starting material and chemical intermediate in various reactions.
- Butyl glycol is used as a solvent in printing inks, textile dyes, and lacquer thinners. It has ability to stabilize volatile compounds including flavors and fragrances.
- Butyl glycol is used as a solvent in water-based paints, due to its low volatility. It enables improvement in properties of enamel, without interrupting the drying time.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Butyl Glycol Market report
Rise in Demand for Paints to Drive Global Butyl Glycol Market
- Growing of the global paints & coatings industry is boosting the demand for butyl glycol for use in the manufacture water-based paints and coatings
- Leading manufacturers are focusing on the development of customized technological solutions based on industrial requirements
- Availability of substitutes for butyl glycol may hamper the global market for butyl glycol. Stringent government regulations and volatile prices of raw materials may hinder the global market for butyl glycol.
- Butyl glycol is listed under the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI), due to its toxic nature. The short-term exposure to butyl glycol may lead to pulmonary edema or necrosis, while its long-term exposure causes various chronic conditions including nausea, anorexia, anemia, and adverse reproductive disorders.
- Rising trends of environment safety, manufacture of high-quality and eco-friendly products, upcoming technologies, and new product reformulation are estimated to restrain the global butyl glycol market during the forecast period
Solvents Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on function, the global butyl glycol market can be segmented into solvents, chemical intermediates, and others
- The solvents segment is anticipated to hold a major market share during the forecast period. The segment is anticipated to witness rapid growth in the near future, due to growing consumption of solvents across various end-use industries.
Paints & Coatings Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on end-use, the global butyl glycol market can be segmented into paints & coatings, printing inks, metalworking fluids, electrical & electronics, and others
- The paints & coatings segment held a major share of the global butyl glycol market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue throughout the forecast period. Butyl glycol is widely used in the production of inks and coatings.
- Rising demand for paints and coatings in developing economies for the development of residential and commercial projects, such as industrial towers and houses, drives the global butyl glycol market
Asia Pacific to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Butyl Glycol Market
- In terms of region, the global butyl glycol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America has been a prominent manufacturer and end-user of butyl glycol over the last few years. The U.S. held a major share of the butyl glycol market in North America in 2018.
- The butyl glycol market in Asia Pacific is estimated to register the maximum growth rate during the forecast period. The market in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia is estimated to expand at a high rate during the forecast period. Rising industrialization and development of infrastructure are key factors driving the market in the region. Developing countries with low- and middle-income people use cleaning solutions with butyl glycol for house cleaning applications.
- Germany is projected to constitute a major share of the butyl glycol market in Europe during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Butyl Glycol Market
Key Players Operating in Global Butyl Glycol Market
The global butyl glycol market is moderately consolidated, with several regional as well as global manufacturers operating in the market. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in mergers, acquisitions, expansions, and new product launches in order to maintain their leading position.
Key players operating in the global butyl glycol market are:
- Sadara Chemical Company
- Anshika Polysurf Ltd.
- Nippon Nyukazai Co. Ltd.
- Lotte Chemical Corporation
- Sasol Ltd.
- Lyondell Basell Industries N.V.
- Eastman Chemical Corporation
- Asia Pacific Petrochemicals Co Ltd
- Dow Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- KH Chemicals
Global Butyl Glycol Market: Research Scope
Global Butyl Glycol Market, by Function
- Chemical Intermediates
Global Butyl Glycol Market, by End-use Industry
- Paints & Coatings
- Printing Inks
- Metalworking Fluids
- Electrical & Electronics
- Others (Including Pharmaceuticals)
Global Butyl Glycol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.