COVID-19 Impact on Buprofezin Market
- Most of the countries across the globe imposed lockdowns during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, agriculture and horticulture industries faced immense difficulties such as trade and delivery issues and delay in raw material supply. Various governments banned export and import of a number of food products. These import and export restrictions hampered the buprofezin market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Buprofezin Market
- Buprofezin is used on food and vegetable crops to combat insect and pests. As there is Increase in demand for food crops, to protect crops from insect there is need for insecticides, including buprofezin, this is driving the market across the globe.
- The misuse and environmental restraints on the use of insecticides hamper the growth of the market. Buprofezin is banned in some countries due to its adverse environmental impacts. It is toxic to aquatic organisms as well as non-target insects.
Buprofezin Market: By Crop Segment
- Based on crop type, the global buprofezin market can be segmented into food crops, cash crops, plantation crops, and others
- The food crop segment is projected to expand during the forecast period, due to the increasing demand for food crops such as rice, wheat, and pulses. Rice is primarily used as food in various regions, especially in Asian countries. The global use of rice for livestock feed has progressively increased over the past several decades. Therefore, production of crops is anticipated to drive the crop segment of the buprofezin market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Buprofezin Market
- Based on region, the buprofezin market can be divided into, Asia Pacific, Europe, North America Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global buprofezin market, followed by Europe and North America, during the forecast period. Asia Pacific accounts for more than 90% of global rice production and consumption. Some developing countries in Asia Pacific are likely to increase their food production. Government initiatives in these countries are likely to drive the demand for agricultural crops, thus boosting the demand for buprofezin.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Buprofezin Market
Key manufacturers operating in the buprofezin market include:
- Bailing Agrochemical
- JiangSu Sevencontinent Green Chemical
- Agro-Star Biochemica
- Nihon Nohyaku Co., Ltd.
- Dow AgroSciences
- Canary Agro Chemicals Private Limited
- Jiangsu Fengshan Group Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Winyard Chemical Co., Ltd.
Buprofezin Research Scope
Buprofezin Market, by Crop
- Food Crops
- Cash Crops
- Plantation Crops
Global Buprofezin Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Buprofezin Market: Introduction
- Buprofezin is an insect growth regulator that is effective against insects, such as whiteflies, mealybugs, and leafhoppers. It is a new generation insecticide, which provides stable control of Brown Plant Hopper (BPH), inhabiting chitin biosynthesis, and molting of nymphs.
- Buprofezin is replacing conventional insecticides in many cropping systems around the world owing to its activity against sucking pests and selectivity to almost all key beneficial insects.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.