Buchu essential oil is derived from the Agothosma betulina it is from the Rutaceae family. Buchu oil has a very strong scent of black current. Buchu is an aromatic shrub with modest wrinkled leaves. The different types of chemical components of Buchu oil are -pulegone, iso-pulegone, diosphenol, 4-diosphenol, iso-menthone and menthone. The oil from Buchu leaves is derived by distillation process from the dried leaves. Buchu is grown in the mountains of the cape province of Africa. The oil extracted from the buchu shrub is has a very strong smell due to which it is often used as an insect repellent. The essential oil derived from Buchu is poisonous in nature and are not used in aromatherapy.
Buchu Oil Market: Segmentation
The Buchu oil market can be segmented on the basis of Type and Application.
On the basis of type Buchu oil market is segmented as Round leaf Buchu (Agothosma Betulina or Barosma Betulina) and Oval Leaf Buchu or True Buchu (Agothosma Crenulata or Barosma Crenulata)
It is used for a variety of applications such as Antiseptic, Anti-Rheumatic & Anti-Arthritic, Carminative, Digestive, Diuretic, Insecticide, Massage oil, Sunscreen and others. The others segment consists of (ingredient for weight loss and Anti-inflammatory)
Buchu Oil Market: Drivers, Restraints, and Trends
The Buchu oil market is currently experiencing a growth in demand due to factors such as its use as an ingredient in the off the shelf herbal preparations (diuretic preparations). The major factors driving the growth of the market are its ability to cure urinary tract ailments and other health issues such as prostatitis and urethritis prophylaxis. The European and African markets are the largest contributors to the growth of the Buchu oil market. Growth in increased use of Buchu oil in regions like North America and Asia pacific is also expected to boost the growth of the overall Buchu oil market.
Buchu oil Market: Regional Outlook
In North America, the trend in the essential oil industry and the usage of Buchu oil as a massage oil or as a medicinal ingredient acts as a major factor in fuelling the growth Buchu oil market, as the North America and Latin America is a very potential market for Buchu. In Asia Pacific, China is the biggest market for Buchu as the imports and exports of Buchu were greatly affected by China’s macroeconomic conditions. Apart from China, India and Japan are also expected to contribute to the growth of the Buchu oil market. In Middle East and Africa, Buchu oil is mostly used as an herbal medicinal product and the Buchu oil market is expected to have a very slow growth in the forecast period. In Europe, the Buchu oil market is expected to grow steadily despite declining economies.
Buchu oil Market: Key Players
- Piquet Buchu
- GrassRoots Group
- Skimmelberg (Pty) Ltd.
- Phoenix Aromas.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.