Brazing Alloys: Introduction
- Brazing is a prominent metal joining method compared to other processes such as soldering and welding. Brazing alloys that have a combination of steel and nonferrous metal materials result in joints with substantially greater tensile strength. Accurately brazed joints can be stronger than the materials they join.
- The brazing procedure generates highly smooth surfaces. It is widely used in the production of exterior areas of cars such as roof joints, C columns, and tailgates, where invisible joints with higher mechanical stability are desired.
- Based on metal type, the global brazing alloys market can be divided into silver, gold, copper, nickel, aluminum, and others (including iron, cadmium, and cobalt). Demand for brazing alloys is likely to be high across the globe in the near future, led by the properties of these alloys such as corrosion resistance and electrical and thermal conductivity.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Brake Override System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers of Brazing Alloys Market
- Brazing has emerged as a relatively fast and economic technique vis-à-vis other metal joining methods. Brazing alloys tend to be highly adaptable to automation.
- Key advantages for laser brazing of alloys as against common heat sources such as soldering burners, steam, soldering iron tip, and thermal radiation include high process speed, effective processing of zinc and brass coated steel, lessening of splatters, corrosion protection, smooth surface, lesser heat input, and low part distortion
- Of late, industry participants across the globe have been adopting brazing alloys due to their high efficiency and safety in terms of usage. Brazing alloys also provide minimal or no component distortion, low base metal dilution, and facilitate filling of small and wide gaps.
- Fluctuation in prices of base metals is estimated to hamper the global brazing alloys market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Brazing Alloys Market: End-use Industry Segment
- Based on end-use industry, the global brazing alloys market can be segregated into automotive, aerospace & defense, electrical & electronics, general industrial, construction, and others
- Brazing alloys are highly desirable for condenser connections, fuel injection pipes, brake linings, and evaporator for air-conditioning systems in automotive production. Automotive is estimated to emerge as a key segment of the global brazing alloys market in the next few years.
- Brazing alloys offer reliable strength when used in critical applications such as medical implants or various parts of an aircraft engine. Demand for brazing alloys is anticipated to be high in commercial aerospace engines as well as advanced military aircraft in the aerospace & defense segment, as brazing alloys provide strong bond over time amid high thermal levels within jet engines.
North America to be Key Region of Global Brazing Alloys Market
- In terms of region, the global brazing alloys market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to lead the global demand for brazing alloys during the forecast period due to the surge in adoption of brazing technique among automotive and general manufacturing industries in the region. China’s leading position in various end-use industries such as automotive, electrical & electronics, and aerospace is likely to propel the demand for brazing alloys in the country in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global brazing alloys market was fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- UMICORE N.V.
- Voestalpine Böhler Welding
- Johnson Matthey
- Oerlikon Metco
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Indian Solder And Braze Alloys
- Lucas-Milhaupt Inc.
- Paras Enterprises
- Bellman-Melcor LLC
Global Brazing Alloys Market: Research Scope
Global Brazing Alloys Market, by Metal Type
Global Brazing Alloys Market, by End-use
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electrical & Electronics
- General industrial
Global Brazing Alloys Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.