Brass Rods Market
Brass Rods Market (Grade: Free-cutting Brass Rods, Forging Brass Rods, High-tensile Brass Rods, Naval Brass Rods, and Others; Product Type: Extruded Rods and Hollow Rods; and End Use: Industrial Machinery, Automotive, Electrical & Electronics, Plumbing Fittings, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
‘Nostalgic Comfort’ Restores Demand for Brass Rods for Use in Lighting Application
Apart from industrial applications, manufacturers are now tapping opportunities in contemporary interior designing. The concept of ‘nostalgic comfort’ is gaining prominence in the field of interior designing. Hence, companies in the brass rods market are capitalizing on this growing trend by increasing the availability of quality brass rods. One of the key drivers contributing toward market growth is that brass is acquiring popularity as the ‘metal of choice’ for lighting designers. Another trend that is supporting growth of the brass rods market is the growing popularity of brass as an aesthetically pleasing golden metal in various lighting applications.
Brass rods are being increasingly used to make chandeliers and other decorative home interior items. Similarly, companies are developing industrial chandeliers to meet end user requirements. For instance, Workstead-a U.S. design studio founded by Stefanie Brechbuehler and Robert Highsmith makes industrial chandeliers for Another Country, a furniture store in London. Thus, with rapid urbanization, companies in the market landscape are capitalizing on opportunities in the booming interior designing sector for domestic setting.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Increased Focus on Writing Instruments Helps Companies to Leverage Opportunities in Asia
Manufacturers are increasing their focus in the writing instruments industry. For instance, Lebronze Alloys Group-a company excelling metal processing technologies, has expanded its product portfolio in alloys for writing instruments. Companies in the brass rods market are producing environmental-friendly alloys. They are increasing efforts to meet end user requirements for anticorrosion alloys catering to gel-ink applications.
Moreover, companies in the brass rods market are strengthening their supply chains with small companies and worldwide leader groups in Europe, Asia, and the U.S. by acquiring expertise in writing instruments. This is evident since Asia Pacific and Europe are anticipated for exponential growth in the market for brass rods. Manufacturers are expanding their scope in incremental opportunities by boosting production capacities of brass roads used in machined pen parts. Other important applications of brass rods include mechanical components and production of pen tips.
Cost-efficiency of Free Cutting Brass Rods Increase Adoption in Close Tolerance Manufacturing Techniques
Growing demand for high-performance products has triggered the demand for quality brass rods. Likewise, free cutting brass rods are projected for exponential growth in the brass rods market and the global brass rods market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 10 Bn by the end of 2027. This is evident since free cutting brass rods are acquiring popularity as cost-efficient solution for close tolerance manufacturing techniques.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Companies in the brass rods market are increasing their production capabilities to develop free cutting brass rods by adding lead to reduce the wear on cutting tools. With the scalability of automated machines in almost all industrial sectors, free cutting brass rods can be rapidly processed in automatic machines. Excellent strength and ductility of these rods are gaining prominence in various industrial end markets. Manufacturers in the market landscape are increasing efforts to combine good strength and excellent corrosion resistance of these rods to boost their uptake in various industrial domains.
Lead-free Brass Rods to Overcome Limitations of Stress Corrosion Cracking and Dezincification
The brass rods market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~3% during the forecast period. This is evident since problems of stress corrosion cracking and dezincification pose as a hurdle for manufacturers. Hence, companies should increase R&D to develop lead-free brass rods to overcome barriers of stress corrosion cracking and dezincification. Companies in the brass rods market are increasing production capabilities to manufacture brass rods with exceptional machinability and forgebility, to help end user stakeholders achieve high production levels in various end markets.
Manufacturers are developing NSF 14 compliant brass rods to cater to the growing demand for plumbing fittings. As such, plumbing fittings end use segment is anticipated for aggressive growth in the brass rods market. Increased urbanization and fast growing construction sector have fueled the demand for brass rods used for plumbing fittings.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Brass Rods Market, ask for a customized report
The brass rods market is largely consolidated with tier 1 companies constituting 45%-50% of the total market share. This creates a fair opportunity window for regional and local players who are exploring innovative and untapped opportunities in writing instruments as well as opportunities in interior designing products.
Brass rods are projected for exponential adoption in the production of industrial machinery. However, stress corrosion cracking and dezincification of brass rods acts as a restraint for manufacturers. Hence, companies should manufacture lead-free brass rods that eliminate the problem of stress corrosion cracking and dezincification. Moreover, manufacturers are increasing the availability of free cutting brass rods in a wide range of forms and sizes that can be used in mass-produced objects that are fabricated.
Brass Rods Market: Overview
- Excellent material properties of brass such as corrosion resistance, high durability, and lower costs than copper are driving the demand for brass products such as brass rods. Brass rods possess high strength and low weight properties. They also have the ability to withstand high temperature conditions. Thus, brass rods can be employed in numerous end-use industries.
- Brass rods are used in a wide range of applications in the production of various types of electrical and electronic components such as valves, fasteners, stems and seats, nuts, pipes, pressure gauges, screens, pins, rivets, washers, radiator parts, and plumbing fittings
- Rise in demand for plumbing components due to growth in the construction industry and increase in demand for electrical and electronics components are anticipated to boost the demand for brass rods during the forecast period
Brass Rods: Market Segmentation
- In terms of value, the global brass rods market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~3% during the forecast period and reach ~US$ 10 Bn by 2027
- Based on product type, the extruded rods segment held major share of the global brass rods market in 2018, due to its broad array of applications in plumbing fittings and electrical & electronics components
- In terms of grade, the free-cutting brass rods segment accounted for key share of the global brass rods market in 2018, owing to its ease of production and cost effectiveness
- In terms of end use, the plumbing fittings segment held major share of the global brass rods market in 2018
- Asia Pacific was the leading region of the global brass rods market in 2018. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a significant pace between 2019 and 2027.
- Volatility in prices of raw materials and presence of strong substitutes such as PVC, CPVC, and PEX-based plumbing materials are expected to hamper the global brass rods market during the forecast period
Rise in Construction Activities to Boost Demand for Brass Rods
- Brass rods are widely employed as fitting components in commercial and residential infrastructure establishments. Brass offers excellent material properties such as high malleability and high thermal capacity.
- Brass possesses excellent material properties of its raw materials such as copper and zinc. Furthermore, brass does not lose its chemical and thermal properties during the recycling process. Thus, brass is one of the preferred raw materials for plumbing components.
- Expansion in the construction industry in various developing countries due to the rise in domestic and international investments has augmented the demand for construction components. This, in turn, is anticipated to fuel the demand for brass rods during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Maintain its Dominance in Brass Rods Market
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific constituted prominent share of the global brass rods market in 2018. This can be ascribed to the rise in demand for brass rods in plumbing fittings and electrical & electronics applications.
- Increase in construction activities in Asia Pacific, due to the development of residential and industrial infrastructure, primarily in emerging economies such as China, India, and Indonesia, is estimated to boost the brass rods market in the region during the forecast period
- Technological developments in manufacturing processes have augmented the demand for high strength materials in various industries in Asia Pacific. This is projected to fuel the demand for high-tensile brass rods during the forecast period.
- Increase in electrification in developing countries of Asia Pacific has augmented the demand for electrical & electronics devices in the region. This, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for brass rods in the region during the forecast period.
- North America and Europe also held considerable share of the global brass rods market in 2018. The market in these regions is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Brass Rods Market: Competition Landscape
- The report comprises detailed profiles of major players operating in the global brass rods market. The report also includes a comparison matrix of the top five players operating in the global market along with product type and end use mapping for 2018.
- The global brass rods market is fragmented, with the presence of a large number of global as well as local players. Companies are primarily focusing on optimizing their operations and lowering prices to gain competitive advantage in the global market. Global players are adopting strategies of acquiring and merging with local players to strengthen their foothold. For instance, in 2019, Hailiang Group entered into an agreement with KME Germany GmbH & Co KG to acquire the latter’s brass rods and copper tubes operations in Germany and Spain.
- Prominent players operating in the global brass rods market are
- Mueller Industries, Inc.
- Hailiang Group
- Wieland Group
- Mitsubishi Shindoh Co. Ltd.
- Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- KME Germany GmbH & Co. KG
- Tongling Nonferrous Metals Group Holding Co., Ltd
- Poongsan America Corporation
- Variety Metals Pvt Ltd
- Hi-Tech Extrusion LLP
- Gold Metal Extrusion
Brass Rods Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the brass rods market was published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as structure of the brass rods market. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the brass rods market to illustrate how market growth would discern during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis as well as supply chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the brass rods market during the forecast period.
This TMR study on the brass rods market also provides data on the developments made by major players and stakeholders in the market, along with competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the brass rods market, along with their influence on evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis, value chain analysis, pricing analysis, and regulatory scenario of the brass rods market in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players operating in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Brass Rods Market
- How much revenue is the brass rods market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the brass rods market?
- Which factors are expected to drive the brass rods market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be lucrative during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the brass rods market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the brass rods market?
The report answers these questions about the brass rods market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for growth of their business.
Brass Rods Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the brass rods market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the brass rods market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and the current trends, researchers of the market have arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers of the brass rods market with both the bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the brass rods market, along with an overview of the competition landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of growth avenues related to the market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the brass rods market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Brass Rods Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the brass rods market segments the market based on grade, product type, end use, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the brass rods market are discussed in detail.
Free-cutting Brass Rods
Forging Brass Rods
High-tensile Brass Rods
Naval Brass Rods
Others (including Leaded Copper and Arsenical Copper)
Electrical & Electronics
Others (including Forging)
Middle East & Africa