Brake Caliper Market: Overview
The brake caliper is an integral part of the disc brake, it is responsible for the braking of the vehicle when the driver steps on the brake paddle to stop the vehicle. The brake calipers are mounted over the rotor in the disc brakes and are actuated by the piston of the brake cylinder. The size of the brake caliper varies according to the size of the disc mounted on the wheel. Brake calipers are mostly made up of semi- metallic materials in which the most common metals used are copper, brass and steel.
Brake Caliper Market: Drivers and Restraints
Demand for brake caliper for automotive is expected to rise due to the increasing demand for disc brakes among the vehicle owners coupled with the increasing production of the vehicles. The stopping distance of the disc brake is shorter as compared to the drum brake, which is a key factor boosting the disc brake market. Development of new technology for braking, which is more efficient and cost-effective than the disc brake is likely to hamper the brake caliper market.
The brake caliper market for automotive can be segmented based on type of mounting, sales channel, vehicle type, and region.
Brake Caliper Market: Key Segments
Based on the type of the mounting, the brake caliper market for automotive can be classified into two categories out of which the floating brake caliper is leading in the market. The floating brake caliper consist of bracket which is solidly mounted, and the caliper itself within that bracket isn't solidly mounted. Hence, it can slide left and right via pins and bushings on the bracket. A piston on the inner side of the disc pushes that brake pad as if to move the disc but because the disc can't slide, the force pulls the sliding caliper with another brake pad unto the other side of the disc. Owing to the lesser cost the floating brake caliper it is widely used in the vehicles.
Based on sales channel, the brake caliper market for automotive can be segmented into two categories and among the two segments original equipment manufacturer (OEM) segment is the leading one. The OEM segment comprises the revenue generated by the manufacturers by directly supplying the brake calipers to the automaker. Owing to high durability of the brake calipers the OEM segment is expected to be the leading segment over the forecast period in the category of sales channel.
Based on vehicle type, the brake caliper market for automotive can be classified into three segments in which the passenger vehicle segment hold the major share of the brake caliper market owing to high production of the passenger vehicles as compared to the other segments coupled with the higher application of the disc brakes in the passenger vehicles.
Based on geography, the brake caliper market for automotive can be segmented into five major regions. Europe is the leading market for brake calipers followed by the North America, due to the significant rate of adoption of disc brakes in vehicles in these regions.
Brake Caliper Market: Key Players
Key manufacturers operating in the global brake caliper market for automotive include TRW Automotive, Continental AG, WABCO, Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd, Akebono Brake Industry Co., Ltd., Brembo S.p.A, and Mando Corp.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.