Braided Composites Market: Introduction
- Braiding is a conventional textile manufacturing technique, which involves interlacing of three or more yarns in a defined pattern. Applications of braided textiles include un-reinforced tows, for example, shoelaces or ropes. Intended for composite materials, braiding offers process automation, low material waste, improved damage tolerance, and high material throughput. Braided composites are tougher, stronger, and more tolerant to damage as compared to the same structures produced from metals or composites by using the conventional methods. Braiding enables uniform fiber orientations for complex geometries shapes, which is highly advantageous in terms of consistency and quality. In addition, level of automation in the braiding technology allows process improvements, which reduces costs and improves throughput speed.
- Braided composites are produced in a variety of forms to fit wide range of shapes or spaces and serve a large number of functions. Furthermore, braided forms include hybrid braids, hybrid yarns, sleeves, unidirectional and non-crimp braids, flat tapes, and tubular tapes as well as bi-axial, tri-axial, 1/1 diamond, and 2/2 regular braids.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Braided Composites Market
- Increase in adoption of braided composites, owing to rise in government regulations and awareness among manufacturers regarding various advantages offered by this material, is a key factor boosting the global braided composites market. In addition, rise in investments by private organizations as well as governments in the aerospace & defense industry, especially for production of advanced aircraft is boosting the demand for braided composites. This is another major factor expected to drive the global braided composites market in the near future. In addition, increase in the demand for private and commercial aircraft in developed as well as developing economies is another factor anticipated to boost the global braided composites market during the forecast period.
- Increase in the production of next-generation aircraft, including A350XWB; rising demand for lightweight components with an objective to reduce carbon emissions or to enhance fuel efficiency; rise in concerns regarding reduction in the level of VOC emissions; and enhanced performance offered by braided components are key factors driving the demand for braided composites. Furthermore, braiding makes composite parts damage tolerant, stronger, and stiffer. In addition, this technology is easy to use. By using the braiding technology, parts with superior performance can be manufactured in a cost-effective manner. Moreover, minimal scrap rate and low VOC emissions are boosting the adoption of this technology in several industries.
Rise in Demand for Braided Composites for Industrial Application
- Based on fiber type, the global braided composites market can be divided into carbon, fiberglass, ceramics, and thermoplastics. The carbon segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the global market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period. Carbon is widely utilized, owing to high strength offered by carbon fiber.
- In terms of architecture type, the global braided composites market can be classified into biaxial, triaxial, and others. In terms of revenue, the biaxial segment is expected to hold a major share of the global market during the forecast period.
- In terms of application, the global braided composites market can be classified into aerospace & defense, automotive, sporting goods, and others. In terms of revenue, the aerospace & defense segment is expected to hold a major share of the global market during the forecast period. Low emission of VOCs and supportive government regulations for adoption of braided composites in the aerospace & defense industry are major factors fueling the segment.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Europe a Key Market for Braided Composites
- In terms of region, the global braided composites market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Europe is expected to account for a significant share of the global braided composites market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in the number of government initiatives for the adoption of materials with low VOC emissions in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to increasing production of luxury and hybrid cars and rising usage of composites in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- Key players are consistently focusing on the development of enhanced-quality braided composites with the objective to improve their product offerings and gain a competitive edge in the global braided composites market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market:
- Airbus Group
- BMW Group
- GKN Aerospace Services Limited
- Highland Industries Inc.
- GE Aviation
- Albany International Corp
- Munich Composites GmbH
- Revolution Composites LLC
- Sigma Precision Components Ltd.
Global Braided Composites Market: Research Scope
Global Braided Composites Market, by Fiber Type
Global Braided Composites Market, by Architecture Type
Global Braided Composites Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- Sporting Goods
Global Braided Composites Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.