Global Botanical and Plant Derived Drugs Market: Snapshot
The global botanical and plant derived drugs market has been gaining steadily over the recent past. The increasing risk of side-effects of synthetic drugs such as allergic reaction and gastrointestinal upsets, drug recalls, and high cost of specialty drugs are propelling the adoption of botanical and plant derived drugs. Furthermore, increasing incidence of chronic diseases, low cost of botanical drugs, and technological advances in processes for the manufacture of botanical drugs are driving the uptake of plant derived drugs. The emergence of large herbal drug manufacturing companies and extension of conventional drug makers into herbal therapeutic products are some other key factors fuelling the botanical and plant derived drugs market.
Botanical drugs refer to drugs that are obtained from medicinal plants that could contain algae, vegetable material, and microscopic fungi. Botanical drugs are used in the treatment of various health conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, respiratory diseases, central nervous system disorders, and infectious diseases.
Some of the categories of plant drugs are steroids, terpenes, glycosides, and phenols. Botanic drugs are available in various forms such as tablets, capsules, pills, and injections. Botanical drugs such as adoniside, berberine, aescin, and atropine are obtained from plants and are important component of traditional medicine such as homeopathy and Ayurveda.
North America and Europe are the leading regional markets for botanical and plant derived drugs. The growth of these regional markets is mainly because of high adoption of herbal drugs, technological advances, and modern production facilities to obtain plant extracts and process them into drugs. Powered by growth in China and India, Asia Pacific is anticipated to emerge as a key market for botanical and plant derived drugs. Consumers in these countries are increasingly switching to traditional forms of medicine due to their overall benefits in the long run.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments