Bot Security: Introduction
- Bots, also known as web bots, Internet robots, crawlers, or spiders, is a software program that is used to perform repetitive jobs by using the Internet. Bots are of two types: good bots and bad bots. The good bots can be employed to perform tasks such as indexing a search engine, while bad bots are utilized to carry out malware attacks and to form a bot network.
- Bot security is used to protect bots from malicious activities such as unauthorized access, card frauds, credentials leaks, DDoS attacks, web scraping, data theft, account hacking, etc. Bot security offers solutions and services to detect and prevent enterprises from possible botnet attacks and keep them secure.
- Major factors driving the growth of the bot security market are growing traffic of bad bots, a surge in usage of API, and loss of revenue due to cyber-attacks.
- The global bot security market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to growing digitalization, rise in number of cyber-attacks, and advancements in technologies across the globe
Global Bot Security Market: Dynamics
Global Bot Security Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing sophistication of botnet attacks, a shift of traffic from mobile to web, growing awareness about data privacy, and a surge in usage of APIs across several businesses, such as retail and e-commerce, travel and hospitality, and telecom, are likely to propel the bot security market growth during the forecast period.
- Botnet security solutions and services are majorly adopted in the media & entertainment industry to prevent and reduce vulnerabilities toward advertisements. This factor is likely to boost the bot security market.
- Rising number of botnet attacks across the globe is fueling the demand for botnet security at a rapid pace. Demand for bot security solutions is rapidly increasing to protect and secure websites, databases, and applications.
- Increasing integration of bot security and protection into existing antivirus and WAF programs along with stringent government regulations regarding data privacy are expected to provide considerable opportunities for major player operating in the bot security market in the next few years.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Bot Security Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in an economic slowdown. Online businesses have increased significantly due to the COVID-19 pandemic, thereby leading to growing instances of bad bot traffic. Rise in internet penetration across the world is augmenting the demand for bot security in order to protect against bot attacks. The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted on the global bot security market due to insufficient budgets of businesses.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Bot Security Market
- In terms of region, the global bot security market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global bot security market due to the high rate of adoption of advanced technology, early adoption of bot security, and the presence of a large number of key players in the region
- The dominant position of North America in the global market can also be attributed to robust security measures and rising deployment of bot security to prevent cyber attacks on online businesses in the region
- Europe is expected to hold the second-highest share of the global market, in terms of revenue, primarily because of rising investments in bot security solutions and services to safeguard APIs, websites, and apps from bot attacks
Global Bot Security Market: Competition Landscape
Several players are active in the bot security market, and a few of the major players dominate the current market. Companies operating in the bot security market are focused on various growth strategies such as partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions to increase their market share, presence, and revenues. Key players are also acquiring other companies to strengthen their product offering. For instance, in May 2021, Imperva acquired an API security provider CloudVector.
Key Players Operating in the Global Bot Security Market Include:
- Akamai Technologies
- F5, Inc.
- Alibaba Cloud
- Shape Security
- Limelight Networks
- Myra Tech
Global Bot Security Market: Research Scope
Global Bot Security Market, by Component
Global Bot Security Market, by Security Type
- Web Security
- Mobile Security
- API Security
Global Bot Security Market, by Deployment
Global Bot Security Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
Global Bot Security Market, by Vertical
- Retail and eCommerce
- Government and Defense
- Media and Entertainment
- Travel and Hospitality
- IT and Telecom
Global Bot Security Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South Americas
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.