Boric Acid Market: High Yield Strength, Chemical, and Scratch Resistance
- Boric acid is used in various applications such as flame retardants, ceramics and fiberglass, wood preservatives, nutritional supplements, pest control, and others. Boric acid is used in various end-use industries such as pharmaceutical, agricultural, chemical processing, building & construction, and nuclear. Among these, building & construction is estimated to constitute major share of the global boric acid market in the near future.
- Wholesale & retail and e-commerce are the two distribution channels for boric acid. The wholesale & retail segment accounted for substantial share of the global market in 2018. However, rise in trend of online shopping along with discounts and shorter lead time offered by distributors is anticipated to propel the e-commerce segment in the near future.
- Boric acid is available in various forms of purity such as <99% and ≥99%. Demand for ≥99% purity grade boric acid in the pharmaceutical and nuclear industries is projected to increase in the near future. Boric acid is used in nuclear power plants to reduce the probability of thermal fission by absorbing thermal neutrons. The usage of boric acid as antiseptic and antifungal agent in the pharmaceutical industry is anticipated to increase during the forecast period.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Boric Acid Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Boric Acid market
- Increase in demand for boric acid in ceramics and fiberglass, wood preservatives, nutritional supplements, and pest control applications is driving the global boric acid market
- Boric acid is employed as an insecticide and fungicide to treat boron deficiencies in rice and wheat plants. It is predominantly used as preserving agent for timber goods against fungal and insect attack. Boric acid is also used as nutritional supplement and fortifying agent in processed food.
- Rise in demand for boric acid in glass formulations to reduce melting temperatures, increase thermal resistance and mechanical strength, and enhance aqueous and chemical durability is estimated to significantly boost the global boric acid market during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand from Ceramic Composite and from Oil & Gas to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Boric acid is necessary in the manufacture of optical lenses, electronic glass, and glass-ceramic composites. Boric oxide is employed in the production of ceramics, as they enhance yield strength and improve scratch and chemical resistance of ceramic wares such as wall and floor tiles, tableware, porcelain, and enameled appliances.
- Boric acid is employed as a binder in steel-smelting furnaces for manufacturing magnesia-based refractory bricks and as stabilizer for dolomite refractory bricks. These factors are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of boric acid.
- Increase in demand for boric acid as viscosity and pH modifier in the oil & gas industry is likely to provide lucrative opportunities to boric acid manufacturers
Restricted Usage in Personal Care Applications Likely to Restrain Market
- Usage of boric acid is restricted in personal care applications. It is classified as a carcinogen under European regulations. This is anticipated to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Boric Acid Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Leading Share of Global Boric Acid Market
In terms of region, the global boric acid market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global boric acid market in 2018, led by the large presence of glass and ceramic manufacturers in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the rise in industrialization and growth in the construction industry in countries such as China and India.
- Increase in adoption rate of boric acid in the building & construction industry is anticipated to drive the boric acid market in in the region during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for boric acid as insecticide in the agricultural sector is projected to increase in the near future. Growth in population and the advent of new agricultural techniques are expected to provide an impetus to crop yield in Asia Pacific in the near future.
- Increase in utilization of boric acid in farmlands with an intent to boost the agricultural output is anticipated to drive the boric acid market in in the region during the forecast period.
- North America and Europe also held significant shares of the global market in 2018, owing to increase in demand for boric acid in pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries in these regions.
Key Players in Market:
Key players have been focusing on increasing sales by distributing their products through effective distribution channels such as retail/wholesale stores and e-commerce websites.
Key players operating in the global Boric Acid market include:
- 3M Company
- Avantor Performance Materials, LLC
- Eti Maden
- Gujarat Boron Derivatives
- Minera Santa Rita S.R.L.
- Organic Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- QUIBORAX S.A.
- Russian Bor Concern OJSC
- TOMIYAMA PURE CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- U.S. Borax.
- Minera Santa Rita (MSR)
- Indo Borax & Chemicals Limited
- AMERICAN BORATE COMPANY
Global Boric Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Boric Acid Market, by Purity
Global Boric Acid Market, by Application
- Flame Retardants
- Ceramics And Fiberglass
- Wood Preservatives
- Nutritional Supplements
- Pest Control
Global Boric Acid Market, by End-use
- Chemical Processing
- Building & Construction
Global Boric Acid Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail Shop
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.