What is Booster Compressor?
- A device which is used to boost the pressure of an existing compressor by nearly three to five times than the normal pressure produced is known as a booster compressor.
- A booster compressor is a plunger or piston type of compressor. In industries, the booster compressor is used for short durations to sustain high pressures. Most of the booster compressor are pneumatic.
- Some of the industrial applications need high pressure and power, where existing compressors are unable to develop the required pressure. In such conditions, a booster compressor is applied to add extra pressure to the operation.
Advantages of Booster Compressor
- A booster compressor can build pressure up to 400 to 600 psi. Some industries are capable of boosting pressure by traditional means, which are unable to sustain the pressure for longer duration or the process is troublesome.
- The boost in pressure requires work to power up the equipment and the overall process is uneconomical. The booster compressor helps to sustain and produce higher pressure.
- The pressure can be maintained for limited period of time and cannot be used for regular or continuous operations. The compression of gas or air increases the temperature of the system. Most of the heat is carried away by the compressed gas, while the compressor components get heated with the contact of hot air. Water jackets or external fins are provided to reduce the temperature of booster compressor.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Booster Compressor Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Booster Compressor
- To overcome the variation and fluctuation of operating pressure in the consumption pattern by different industrial applications
- To maintain the consistency of quality and productivity it is necessary to maintain constant pressure for trouble free applications
Characteristics of Booster Compressor
- The construction of booster compressors is compact and can be installed easily.
- It emits less noise and vibrations when in operation.
- Most of these compressor have internal pressurizing mechanism. The internal pressuring mechanism reduces the compression losses and eases the motor load. This helps eliminate leaks during boosting.
- Depending upon the boosting pressure single stage, double stage, or multi-stage booster compressor is selected.
- In the single stage booster compressors the air is compressed once, while in double stage compressor it is done twice.
- In the multistage booster compressor the air is compressed in two or more cylinders to gain high pressure output.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Booster Compressor Market here
Asia Pacific expected to hold major share in the Global Booster Compressor Market
- Geographically, the booster compressor market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is projected to lead the global booster compressor market during the forecast period, due to the growth in end-user industries in the region, especially in India and China
- North America and Europe are likely to hold considerable share of market during the forecast period.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to account for small share of the booster compressor market.
Key Players Operating in the Market:
The booster compressor market is highly concentrated with top as well small companies as the technologies have taken pace
- Atlas Copco Ltd.
- KAESER KOMPRESSOREN
- Sauer USA
- BAUER COMP Holding GmbH,
- Hitachi, Ltd.,
- Ingersoll-Rand plc,
- Gardner Denver, Inc.,
- Baker Hughes, a GE company LLC,
- Maximator GmbH,
Global Booster Compressor Market: Research Scope
Global Booster Compressor Market, by Cooling Type
- Water Cooled
- Air Cooled
Global Booster Compressor Market, by Compression Stage
- Single Stage
- Double Stage
Global Booster Compressor Market, by Pressure
- 5–15 bar
- 16–100 bar
- 101–300 bar
- Above 300 bar.
Global Booster Compressor Market, by End-user
- Process Industry
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
Global Booster Compressor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.