Bookkeeper software is a computer program that aids bookkeepers in reporting and recording a firm’s financial transactions. The functionality of the book keeper software varies from product to product. Smaller firms often opt for off the shelf products whereas larger firms opt for customized solutions that integrate a huge amount of data from various departments. This software is an important resource for modern businesses. It enables almost instantaneous reporting, analysis, and detailed tracking of financial transactions. Earlier these tasks were performed manually, using bulky transaction journals. Unplanned reporting was usually unfeasible since the labor involved in merging the manual entries. Bookkeeper software automates these tasks, decreasing the cost of accounting and facilitating improved financial decision making through timely reporting.
The bookkeeper software market is primarily driven by the increasing demand to upgrade finance operations. Rising complexities in financial service firms and adoption of digital technologies are the reason forcing the upgrade of finance operations. Another important factor responsible for the growth of the bookkeeper market is the shift toward green IT. Green IT refers to the efficient usage of IT resources and computers with an environmental friendly approach. Implementation of cloud based technology helps in achieving sustainability and energy efficiency. Emergence of business accounting mobile applications is also an important factor that is likely to bolster the demand for book keeper software during the forecast period. These mobile applications assist customers to control daily accounting tasks anytime from anywhere. It also helps with accounting processes like sending invoices, accepting payments, tracking receipts, logging expenses, and planning budgets. Majority of mobile accounting applications have basic features which includes expense and invoicing tracking. Advanced features in applications comprise bill reminders, mobile wallets, and bank transfers.
Despite many positive indicators, there are some factors that are likely to restrain the market growth of bookkeeper software during the forecast period. Although cloud based software offers several advantages, there are few risks as well. Some of the important considerations include lack of physical control of the servers, potential of being affected by loopholes, and data transmission out of the office. There are chances of the software being exploited by malicious programs over the internet leading to data breach.
New technologies like optical character recognition are likely to be an important opportunity in the global bookkeeper software market. Although it is not a new technology, it is gradually gaining popularity and is likely to create opportunities during the forecast period. This technology is used to convert images into editable and readable text. It aids in converting printed material into digital media.
On the basis of deployment type, the bookkeeper software market has been bifurcated into on-premises and cloud. Based on end users, the market is segregated into large enterprises; and small and medium size enterprises. The geographical segregation of the market comprises North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. North America is expected to account for highest market revenue share throughout the forecast period. High demand for cloud based services and applications along with the increasing application and data users is fueling growth of Bookkeeper Software market in North America.
The global bookkeeper software market is fragmented with the presence of various niche players as well as multinational companies. Competition is likely to increase with the rise in demand for bookkeeper software across industries like retail, banking, construction, and manufacturing. Some of the top players in the global bookkeeper software market encompass Intuit Inc. (U.S.), Pandle (U.K.), NCH Software (Australia), LessAccounting (U.S.), TaxSlayer LLC. (Georgia), FreshBooks (Canada), Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. (U.S.), The Sage Group plc (U.K.), Acclivity Group LLC (U.S.), and Intacct Corporation (U.S.).
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.