Boiler Control Solutions Market: Overview
- Boiler or a steam generator is a closed vessel in which fluid, usually water, is heated. It is utilized to heat and produce hot water or steam through the combustion of a fuel or through the action of electrodes or electric resistance elements. Many commercial and industrial facilities use boilers to produce steam or hot water for space heating or for process heating. Boilers require large amounts of energy.
- It is vital to know what key parameters of a boiler system are important. Combustion efficiency is a major parameter of interest for fossil fuel-fired boilers. Combustion efficiency is often controlled by providing the optimum amount of combustion air that is mixed with the fuel. Thus, understanding boiler control systems is pivotal. Steam and hot water boilers are available in standard sizes from very small boilers for apartments and residences to large boilers for commercial and industrial use.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Boiler Control Solutions Market
- Boiler control solution eliminates costly on-off cycles and improves turndown ratios, thus saving operational expenditure and increasing the life of the boiler. Rise in need for operational optimization and usage of efficient control solutions is expected to drive the boiler controls solutions market in the next few years. However, high investment costs as compared to that of a traditional boiler setup is likely to restrain the boiler control solutions market.
Global Boiler Control Solutions Market: Segmentation
- The global boiler control solutions market can be segmented based on type, application, control solution, and component
- Based on type, the boiler control solutions market can be bifurcated into fire-tube boilers and water-tube boilers. The water-tube boilers segment dominated the boiler control solutions market in 2020.
- In terms of application, the boiler control solutions market can be divided into industrial and commercial. The industrial segment of the global boiler control solutions market is expected to expand at a fast pace during the forecast period.
- In terms of control solution, the market can be segregated into (on/off) cycling controls, high/low fire controls, and modulating controls. Cycling control maintains the temperature of the boiler. It is placed between the thermostat and the gas valve unit. The oil or gas burner cycles on and off to maintain steam pressure or water temperature. High-fire/low-fire burners provide fewer off-cycle losses, as the burner shuts off only when loads are below the low-fire rate of fuel input. Modulating control is used in large boilers as it has the ability to adjust the output to match the load whenever the load is greater than the low-fire limit, which is usually not less than 15% of the full load capacity.
- In terms of component, the boiler control solutions market can be categorized into hardware, software, and services. The combination of hardware and software is referred as services. Several companies offer these optimized services, i.e. a mix of software and hardware solutions, to end-user industries.
Global Boiler Control Solutions Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global boiler control solutions market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is one of the key regions of the global boiler control solutions market. The region has high number of industries and is significantly expanding power generation through renewables. This is boosting the demand for boiler control solutions in the region.
- Countries in Asia Pacific such as India, China, and Japan are investing significantly in power generation owing to rising urbanization and proliferation of electrification. The region consists of many developing countries, which are experiencing high growth in their industrial sectors.
- Europe is a highly lucrative region of the market. It is expected to offer several growth opportunities to market players during the forecast period. The boiler control solutions market in the region is likely to expand at a low to moderate pace during the forecast period. Rise in demand for renewable-based power generation is expected to boost the demand for boiler controls solutions in in Europe, especially in Russia & CIS, Germany, the U.K., and Italy.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Boiler Control Solutions Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the global boiler control solutions market. Manufacturing and power sector activities across the globe suffered temporary shut down during the lockdowns. Measures such as social distancing also impacted operations. However, demand recovery in manufacturing as well as power sector after lockdowns is likely to boost the boiler control solutions market in the near future.
Key Players in Market
The global boiler control solutions market has a highly competitive landscape. It is dominated by the presence of various prominent players across the globe. Prominent players operating in the boiler control solutions market include:
- ABB Ltd
- Honeywell International Inc
- Schneider Electric SE
- Bosch Ltd
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- Emerson Electric Co
- Weil-McLain (Shandong) Cast-Iron-Boiler Co., Ltd
- Siemens AG
- HBX Control Systems Inc
- Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc
Global Boiler Control Solutions Market: Research Scope
Global Boiler Control Solutions Market, by Type
- Water Tube Boiler
- Fire Tube Boiler
Global Boiler Control Solutions Market, by Application
Global Boiler Control Solutions Market, by Control Solution
- (On/Off) Cycling Controls
- High/Low Fire Controls
- Modulating Controls
Global Boiler Control Solutions Market, by Component
Global Boiler Control Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.