Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market: Overview
- The kidneys play an important role of removing waste from the human body and breaking down the protein. Urea nitrogen is one of the waste products removed from the blood by the kidneys. Several diagnostic tests can be conducted to check the functioning of the kidneys. Blood urea nitrogen diagnostic test is one of the most common types of blood test conducted to obtain important information about how well the kidneys and the liver are functioning. The test helps measure and understand whether urea nitrogen levels are higher than the normal or they are under control.
- The global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in the number of kidney diseases and the launch of new point-of-care tests for diagnosis of renal diseases
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market
- Various scientific studies and publications suggest that kidney diseases are uncommon among people aged 45 years or below. Developments in the medical field have led to increase in the life expectancy of people, which implies that more number of people are exceeding the average age of 50 years. According to the United Nations, the number of people aged 60 years or above is likely to increase from 841 million in 2013 to over 2 billion by 2050. Changing demographics and rising geriatric population are shifting a substantial number of people to the higher illness category, which requires continuous medical intervention. Rise in the global geriatric population and changing lifestyle are the most common risk factors for the development of kidney diseases. The number of elderly people diagnosed with renal diseases is increasing drastically in developed as well as developing economies. This factor is expected to drive the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market in the near future.
- Moreover, recently i.e. in 2018, Siemens Healthineers received the FDA approval for its blood urea nitrogen point-of-care tests. Such advancements in the measurement of blood urea nitrogen are likely to drive the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market during the forecast period.
- Focusing on emerging markets presents an opportunity for major players operating in the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics, as the number of patients with renal diseases is rising across the world. According to a survey conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit Limited, countries in Asia Pacific such as India and China are focusing on improving primary health care facilities and the overall health care spending of these countries is estimated to increase at an average rate of 17% and 14% annually from 2015 to 2019.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market in the next few years, due to rise in the prevalence of kidney diseases and the large number of elderly people suffering from kidney diseases in the region. According to a report published by the India Today magazine in March 2019, around 100,000 patients are diagnosed with end-stage kidney disease (ESKD) in India every year.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market are:
- Siemens Healthineers
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Danaher Corporation
- StressMarq Biosciences Inc.
- Arbor Assays
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market, by Product
- Reagents & Kits
Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.