Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market: Overview
- The kidneys play an important role of removing waste from the human body and breaking down the protein. Urea nitrogen is one of the waste products removed from the blood by the kidneys. Several diagnostic tests can be conducted to check the functioning of the kidneys. Blood urea nitrogen diagnostic test is one of the most common types of blood test conducted to obtain important information about how well the kidneys and the liver are functioning. The test helps measure and understand whether urea nitrogen levels are higher than the normal or they are under control.
- The global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in the number of kidney diseases and the launch of new point-of-care tests for diagnosis of renal diseases
Key Drivers of Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market
- Various scientific studies and publications suggest that kidney diseases are uncommon among people aged 45 years or below. Developments in the medical field have led to increase in the life expectancy of people, which implies that more number of people are exceeding the average age of 50 years. According to the United Nations, the number of people aged 60 years or above is likely to increase from 841 million in 2013 to over 2 billion by 2050. Changing demographics and rising geriatric population are shifting a substantial number of people to the higher illness category, which requires continuous medical intervention. Rise in the global geriatric population and changing lifestyle are the most common risk factors for the development of kidney diseases. The number of elderly people diagnosed with renal diseases is increasing drastically in developed as well as developing economies. This factor is expected to drive the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market in the near future.
- Moreover, recently i.e. in 2018, Siemens Healthineers received the FDA approval for its blood urea nitrogen point-of-care tests. Such advancements in the measurement of blood urea nitrogen are likely to drive the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market during the forecast period.
- Focusing on emerging markets presents an opportunity for major players operating in the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics, as the number of patients with renal diseases is rising across the world. According to a survey conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit Limited, countries in Asia Pacific such as India and China are focusing on improving primary health care facilities and the overall health care spending of these countries is estimated to increase at an average rate of 17% and 14% annually from 2015 to 2019.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market in the next few years, due to rise in the prevalence of kidney diseases and the large number of elderly people suffering from kidney diseases in the region. According to a report published by the India Today magazine in March 2019, around 100,000 patients are diagnosed with end-stage kidney disease (ESKD) in India every year.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market are:
- Siemens Healthineers
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Danaher Corporation
- StressMarq Biosciences Inc.
- Arbor Assays
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market, by Product
- Reagents & Kits
Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa