Blood brain barrier refers to a set of special tight junctions formed around the microvasculature of the brain to gain the optimal neural functioning. The primary function of blood brain barrier is to protect the brain from harmful toxins that are potentially present in the blood stream and allows the passage of lipid soluble, oxygen and carbon dioxide to perform the normal cellular function of brain. In a way to protect brain from noxious agents the blood brain barrier also significantly hinders the delivery of therapeutics to brain. This makes treatment of brain disorders and infections difficult due to specialized uptake of the drugs by the blood brain barrier. Recent advancement allow the drugs to be delivered directly to the cerebro-spinal fluids but are still less effective to breach the brain tissue because of tortuous nature of interstitial spaces of brain.
The global market for drug delivery across the blood-brain barrier can be segmented based on:
- Intra-cerebro-ventricular infusion
- Intra-cerebral injections
- Catheter implant into brain parenchyma
- Transporter mediated delivery
- Receptor mediated delivery
- Nanoparticle coated delivery
- Liposomes coated delivery
- Pharmacological approach
By Disease Type
- Sleep disorder
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral abscess
The global market for drug delivery across the blood brain barrier is still emerging under the influence of rise in central nervous system disorders and growing need for targeted drug delivery. Use of several transport enzymes and receptors such as human insulin receptors, transferrin receptors and nanoparticles combined drug is expected to drive this market in the coming years. Significant developments in programmable infusion devices and discovery of various non-conventional route of brain drug administration such as nasal delivery will enhance the adoption and recognition of devices and techniques.
Some of the key players in this market include Ablynx NV, AngioChem, Inc., Bioasis Technologies, Inc., Cognition Pharmaceuticals LLC,Diamedica, Inc., Pfizer andRoche Pharmaceuticals.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.