Blister Foil Market: Introduction
- Blister foil is employed in several types of pre-formed packaging, which is used for small consumer goods, foods, and pharmaceuticals. Blister foil is manufactured from plastic or aluminum material.
- Blister foil helps protect products against external factors, such as humidity and contamination, for extended period of time. Opaque blisters also protect light-sensitive products (for example, pharmaceutical products) against UV rays.
Key Drivers of Global Blister Foil Market
- The global blister foil market is expected to expand significantly due to increase in demand for the foil in protective packaging in the health care sector, and rise in popularity of convenient packaging
- Increase in production of medicines and drugs from pharmaceutical companies, owing to a rise in diseases and stringent governmental regulations against counterfeit drugs, is also a key factor propelling the global blister foil market
- Need for product integrity and extended shelf life play an important role in the pharmaceutical sector, considering that most consumers store their drugs in a temperature variant atmosphere that can be harmful to unprotected medicines. This is estimated to boost the demand for blister foil in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Plastic Film Material Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of material, the plastic segment accounted for major share of the market in 2018. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the application of plastic films in all types of packaging variables, as it offers good visibility to the product and provides secure & attractive packaging.
- Plastic material is used as a raw material in the manufacture of blister foil, as it is durable, lightweight, clean, transparent, and cost-effective
- The aluminum segment also offers lucrative opportunities for the blister foil market, as aluminum-based blister foil is employed in packaging owing to its ability to protect items packaged inside against oxygen, bacteria, light, and moisture. It is primarily used in food & beverage, pharmaceutical, tobacco, and cosmetic packaging applications.
Health Care and Pharmaceutical End-use Industry Segments Expected to Expand at Significant Pace
- Based on end-use industry segments, health care and pharmaceutical segments are projected to expand at rapid pace owing to the high demand for blister foil in pharmaceutical packaging, as it offers durability and product protection. Blister foil packaging reduces the possibility of product contamination in health care products. It also protects health care and pharmaceutical products from moisture, light, and temperature.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Blister Foil Market
- In terms of region, the global blister foil market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global blister foil market, owing to the presence of a well-established packaging industry in the region. However, the blister foil market in developed countries is mature; therefore, the market in the U.S. and Canada is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is likely to offer lucrative opportunities to the market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the large customer base for FMCG products and consumer durables, due to the growth in population in countries of the region. In turn, this is expected to boost the blister foil market in Asia Pacific.
- Europe has stronger environmental incentives to use blister foil packaging, owing to the enactment of stringent regulations on the usage of excess materials in packaging systems. The use of blister foil packaging allows manufacturers to reduce packages to a minimal size.
- High investment in building of the pipeline of medicines and drugs in Europe is creating lucrative opportunities for the blister foil market in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in the Market
High initial capital investments are estimated to hamper the entry of new players in the market. The blister foil market is highly consolidated with few large players dominating the market.
Key players operating in the global blister foil market include:
- Baddi Foils Group
- Ultra Foil
- Amcor Limited
- The Dow Chemical Company
- WestRock Company
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Sonoco Products Company
- Constantia Flexibles
- Klockner Pentaplast Group
- Honeywell International
- Display Pack, Inc.
- Tekni-Plex, Inc.
Global Blister Foil Market: Research Scope
Global Blister Foil Market, by Product
- Plastic Foil
- Aluminum Foil
Global Blister Foil Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Goods
- Health Care & Pharmaceuticals
- Industrial Goods
Global Blister Foil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.