Blended Cement Market: Introduction
- Blended cement is manufactured by inter-grinding ordinary Portland cement clinker with a high blending material. Blending materials include silica fumes, fly ash, limestone, and slag used to increase the properties of blended cement.
- Blended cement are mainly used to enhance various properties, including workability, high strength, durability, and chemical resistance of concrete
- This cement is highly sustainable, in terms of release of carbon dioxide. For instance, each time 1 kg of blended cement is substituted by 1 kg of Portland cement, 1 kg of CO2 is not released into the atmosphere.
- Cost of manufacturing additives, such as fly-ash and slag, is lower than the cost of clinker, which is used in traditional cement. This, in turn, is expected to drive the market in the near future.
- Blended cement is also resistant to sulfates, chlorides, and acids. Thus, it maintains durability of structures to aggressive chemical conditions.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Blended Cement Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Blended Cement Market
- Blended cement is a sustainable alternative to traditional cement. With the use of blended cement, greenhouse gas emissions can be reduced by almost 40 per cent depending on the ratio of the mixture.
- Rapid urbanization in developing countries, such as China and India, has led to a housing shortage in major cities. This in turn has led to an increase of construction activities across these countries. Blended cement is used in building blocks in residential and commercial sector due to its excellent strength, durability, and chemical resistance. All these factors are expected to boost the demand for blended cement market in the near future.
Slag Blended Cement to Offer Lucrative Opportunities for Growth
- Slag blended cement is made of non-metallic product comprising more than 90% glass with silicates and alumino-silicates of lime. This cement is mainly used in mass construction due to its low heat of hydration.
- Slag blended cement is mostly suitable for infrastructure projects due to its high flexural strength. Increased strength, lower risk of cracking, and superior finish are key advantages offered by slag cement.
- Concrete structures made of slag blended cement offer higher compressive and flexural strength as compared to Portland cement concrete. Due to its excellent durability, versatility, and strength, its usage is expected to grow in residential and commercial sectors. In the residential sector, slag blended cement is extensively used in construction of footings, sidewalks, garages, driveways, basement walls, and floor slabs.
- In addition to their high compressive strength, slag blended cement also offer enhanced working ability, and surface and long service life, thus contributing to the construction of better housing facilities
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Blended Cement Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Blended Cement Market
- In terms of region, the global blended cement market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major consumer of blended cement. Government funding for the construction of smart city projects, coupled with rapid urbanization in China and India are factors driving building and construction sectors in the region. In addition, rise in disposable income of the middle class population in Asia Pacific is likely to augment the construction sector in the region. All these factors are expected to fuel the growth the market in the near future.
- Expansion of the building & construction sector due to rise of building permits across the U.S. in North America and increasing urbanization in Nordic Countries of Europe is projected to drive the blended cement market in these regions
- Economic growth coupled with need for housing facilities in Middle East & Africa is projected to boost the market in the near future
Key Players in Global Market
The global blended cement market is dominated by few key manufacturers. These manufacturers are primarily focused on new product launches and increasing their production capacity in order to gain market share. Key players operating in the global blended cement market include:
- ACC Limited
- JSW Cement
- Lafarge North America Inc.
- CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V.
- Holcim Philippines, Inc
- HEIDELBERGCEMENT AG
- Taiheiyo Cement Group
- Buzzi Unicem USA Inc
On March 11, 2019, Lafarge North America Inc. launched a new special blended cement in order to cater to the growing construction sector across the globe.
Global Blended Cement Market: Research Scope
Global Blended Cement Market, by Type
- Silica Fume
Global Blended Cement Market, by Application
- Residential & Commercial
- Roads & Flyovers
- Marine Construction
Global Blended Cement Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.