Blanc Fixe: Introduction
- Blanc fixe is a synthetic form of barium sulfate, which is resistant to acids and alkalis and insoluble in water and organic solvents. It is color neutral, due to its low refractive index and it exhibits low specific surface area and low abrasiveness.
- Blanc fixe is a precipitated form of barium sulfate, which is used as a function filler. It appears in the form of colorless orthorhombic crystals or white amorphous powder. It facilitates insulation; prevents agglomeration and flocculation; and provides improved pigmentation efficiency to the applied surface.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Blanc Fixe Market
- Blanc fixe is widely used in industries such as pigments, paints & coatings, inks, paper, plastics, leather, rubber, and ceramics, owing to its low oil absorption, high purity, high burning point, precise pH value, insolubility in water, long shelf life, and non-toxicity
- Demand for blanc fixe is rising across the globe, owing to its increasing usage in various industries. The global blanc fixe market is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to increase in the demand from the global paints & coatings industry.
- Growth of the construction industry is also expected to augment the demand for blanc fixe in the near future, as it is largely used in plastics, rubber, paints, and ceramic products
Paints & Coatings Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Among applications, the paints & coatings segment accounted for a major share of the global blanc fixe market in 2018. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increasing usage of blanc fixe in inks, pigments, and various coating products.
- Blanc fixe is widely used as a component of white pigments, which are used in the paints industry. Blanc fixe is transparent in nature and hence, it is used as a filler or to modify the consistency of paints. Thus, the growing automobile industry is expected to promote growth of the paints & coatings industry. This, in turn, is expected to propel the demand for blanc fixe across the globe during the forecast period.
- Blanc fixe is widely used as a plastic filler in the manufacture of polypropylene and polystyrene. Thus, the rising demand for polypropylene and polystyrene for use in various packaging applications is expected to augment the global blanc fixe market during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Significant Share of Global Blanc Fixe Market
- In terms of region, the global blanc fixe market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global blanc fixe market, owing to presence of a well-established packaging industry and increasing usage of blanc fixe in packaging products in the region. Furthermore, growth of automobile and steel industries in the region is expected to boost the consumption of blanc fixe in North America between 2019 and 2027.
- Asia Pacific is likely to offer lucrative opportunities to the blanc fixe market during the forecast period. Growth of the industrial sector and rise in construction activities in countries of Asia Pacific are expected to boost the consumption of blanc fixe in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027.
- The growing automobile industry in Asia Pacific is expected to boost the demand for paints and coatings in the region. This, in turn, is expected to boost the blanc fixe market in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027.
- In Europe, incentives are offered for use of non-toxic and eco-friendly packaging products, owing to the enactment of stringent regulations on usage of excess materials in packaging systems. Use of blanc fixe packaging allows manufacturers to offer sustainable solutions for packaging.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major companies operating in the global blanc fixe market are focused on research and development. These companies strive to develop new and innovative products that can be used in a wide range of applications. A large number of companies are developing blanc fixe with the potential to improve the efficiency of paints and coatings used in the automobile industry.
Key players operating in the global blanc fixe market are:
- Cimbar Performance Minerals
- PRAKASH CHEMICALS PVT LTD
- Barium & Chemicals, Inc.
- Shenzhou Jiaxin Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Fuhua Chem
Global Blanc Fixe Market: Research Scope
Global Blanc Fixe Market, by End-use Industry
- Paints & Coatings
- Plastic Fillers
- Drilling Fluids
- Paper Brighteners
Global Blanc Fixe Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.