Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market: Introduction
- Bladder cancer is a urologic malignancy occurring in the tissues of the urinary bladder. It is characterized by uncontrolled, rapid growth of cells arising from the epithelial lining, which can proliferate to the muscular wall of urinary bladder.
- The bladder or urinary bladder is a hollow organ located in the pelvis (lower abdomen), which stores the urine drained from kidney
- It is connected to the kidney by ureter, a tube like structure. Bladder cancer is ranked as the ninth most frequently diagnosed cancer
- The exact cause of bladder cancer is not known. However, some of the risk factors such as excessive smoking, tobacco consumption, and continuous exposure to radiation, chronic bladder infection, and previous cancer treatments are considered to cause bladder cancer.
- Bladder cancer can affect any age group; however, it is more prevalent in adults aged over 50
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market
Key Drivers of Global Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market
- The global bladder cancer diagnostics market is driven by increase in incidence of bladder cancer, which has led to drug innovation
- Bladder cancer is more common in adults aged over 50. Hence, increase in the geriatric population contributes to market growth.
- Government initiatives, rise in awareness about bladder cancer & available treatments, and progressive health care services due to surge in health care expenditure are projected to propel the global market
- However, cancer being an asymptomatic disease at the initial stage needs accurate diagnosis at early stage. Inaccurate and unaffordable diagnosis is likely to hamper the growth of the global market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Biopsy Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of test type, the global bladder cancer diagnostics market can be divided into urine lab tests, cystoscopy, biopsy, and imaging test. The urine lab tests segment can be split into urinalysis, urine cytology, urine culture, and urine tumor marker test. The imaging tests segment can be segregated into intravenous pyelogram (IVP), computed tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan, and ultrasound.
- The imaging test segment accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to high utilization of imaging tests for the diagnosis of bladder cancer. Imaging test allows a doctor to examine the structures of the urinary tract.
Transitional Cell Bladder Cancer to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of cancer type, the global bladder cancer diagnostics market can be classified into transitional cell bladder cancer, squamous cell bladder cancer, and other cancer types
- The transitional cell bladder cancer segment is expected to account for major share of the global bladder cancer diagnostics market by 2030 owing to high incidence of transitional cell bladder cancer
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global bladder cancer diagnostics market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, cancer centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is likely to account for major share of the global bladder cancer diagnostics market by 2030 due to increase in hospitalization for bladder cancer
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global bladder cancer diagnostics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for major share of the global market in 2019 owing to increase in incidence of bladder cancer, innovative health care solutions, advanced health care infrastructure, and rise in concern about bladder problems. Europe accounted for the second largest share of the global market in 2019.
- The bladder cancer diagnostics market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This is attributed to rise in awareness about bladder disease and innovative diagnostic & treatment options. Major players find countries in Asia to be lucrative markets for bladder cancer diagnostics and are making significant investments.
Key Players Operating in Global Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market
The global bladder cancer diagnostics market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global bladder cancer diagnostics market are:
- AB SCIEX
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Biocartis SA
- Biocare Medical, LLC
- bioMérieux SA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Cancer Genetics, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
Global Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market, by Test Type
- Urine Lab Tests
- Urine Cytology
- Urine Culture
- Urine Tumor Marker Test
- Imaging Test
- Intravenous Pyelogram (IVP)
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scan
Global Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market, by Cancer Type
- Transitional Cell Bladder Cancer
- Squamous Cell Bladder Cancer
- Other Cancer Types
Global Bladder Cancer Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Cancer Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.