Black Pellet Market: Overview
- Black pellets are produced from biomass by using various methods such as torrefaction and steam explosion. In this process, water, cellulose, sugars, and other volatile organic compounds are removed from the biomass to produce solid pellets. These pellets have characteristics similar to those of fossil coal.
- Black pellets are produced from waste timber such as forestry residues, sawdust, and industrial byproducts including old paper and forestry wastes
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Black Pellet Market
- Rise in industrialization and urbanization across the globe is estimated to be a key driver of the global black pellet market. Demand for heat and electricity has been increasing significantly across the world over the last few years. This is expected to drive the global black pellet market during the forecast period.
- Implementation of stringent rules and regulations to minimize carbon emissions, produced by combustion of fossil fuel and coal, is another key driver of the global black pellet market. This implementation has encouraged companies to focus on production of better, cleaner, and inexpensive fuels. Black pellets provide a cleaner and inexpensive solution.
- Increase in usage of renewable energy, such as solar, wind, and hydro, is estimated to hamper the global black pellet market in the near future. Over the last few year, there has been significant increase in investments in renewable energy sources. This is projected to adversely affect the global black pellet market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Black Pellet Market report
Global Black Pellet Market: Segmentation
- The global black pellet market can be segmented based on product, application, end-user, and region
- In terms of product, the global black pellet market can be classified into torrefaction, steam explosion, and hydrothermal carbonization. Steam explosion is the most extensively used method to produce black pellets, as it does not generate any pollutants during the manufacturing process. Hence, the demand for steam explosion is expected to be high in the near future.
- Based on application, the global black pellet market can be bifurcated into power generation and heat generation. The power generation segment is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increase in the demand for electricity across the globe led by increase in industrialization and urbanization.
- Based on end-user, the global market can be divided into residential, commercial, industrial, and utilities. The industrial segment is expected to lead the global market during the forecast period, due to rise in industrialization across the globe. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
Global Black Pellet Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global black pellet market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global black pellet market in 2019. The market in the region is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to rise in the demand for green energy from residential and industrial sectors in the region. The U.S. is the world-leading producer and consumer of black pellets and it is likely to lead the black pellet market in North America during the forecast period.
- The market in Europe is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to stringent government rules and regulations to limit emissions of carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases. Several industries, commercial complexes, and residential consumers use black pellets, as these pellets can replace the coal used in coal-fired boiler units.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be a key region of the global black pellet market in the near future. A significant number of projects are being undertaken by various countries in the region, such as China, India, and Japan, to reduce the level of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- The black pellet market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. Increase in investments in the production of bio-based energy in developing counties is expected to drive the black pellet market in these regions during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Black Pellet Market
Key Players Operating in Global Black Pellet Market
- BLACKWOOD TECHNOLOGY B.V.
- FUTERRA FUELS
- Zilkha Biomass Energy
- Arbaflame AS
- Airex Energie Inc.
Global Black Pellet Market: Research Scope
Global Black Pellet Market, by Product
- Steam Explosion
- Hydrothermal Carbonization
Global Black Pellet Market, by Application
- Power Generation
- Heat Generation
Global Black Pellet Market, by End-user
The Global Black Pellet Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.