Black cumin seed oil, which also goes by the name of black seed, Nigella sativa and Kalonji is native to southeastern Asia and North America. With a taste and aroma reminiscent of black pepper, onions and oregano, the black cumin seed oil has gained acknowledgement for use in Indian or Middle Eastern cuisine, such as curries, soups, vegetables and meat dishes for a peppery flavor. Additionally, the black cumin seed oil has manifold characteristics pertaining to health and wellness such as anti-bacterial, analgesic, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral, anti-hypertensive, insulin sensitizing and others. The various components present in the black cumin seed oil which are responsible for its diverse applications are primarily Thymoquinone, Thymohydroquinone, and Thymol amongst several other micro-components such as myristic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, palmitoleic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, arachidonic acid, proteins and vitamins B1, B2,B3, calcium, folate, iron, copper, zinc and phosphorous. The black cumin seed oil is anticipated to expand at a considerate CAGR during the forecast period.
Black cumin seed oil market is segmented on the basis of form which includes oil as well as encapsulated soft-gel capsules. The soft-shelled capsules are gaining relatively more traction associated to the black cumin seed oil market on the backdrop of consumer convenience.
Black cumin seed oil market is segmented on the basis of application which includes cosmetics & personal care, dietary supplements, and culinary. Amongst these applications, the dietary supplement segment is anticipated to flourish with a healthy CAGR owing to its manifold utilizations gradually receiving the attention of consumers for instance the ability of black cumin seed oil to counter tumor effects of cancer, treating type 1 and 2 diabetes, improve digestion, inducing weight loss, strengthening hair follicles, benefiting the skin and even helping to heal scars, and fighting infections most importantly MRSA.
Black cumin seed oil market is segmented on the basis of the end use which includes retail and industrial. The retail segment is further sub-segmented as distribution channel which includes online stores, hypermarkets/supermarkets, specialized drug stores, and convenience stores.
Global market drivers and restraints:-
The black cumin seed oil is gaining widespread popularity on the backdrop of its manifold advantages offered by the same. Some of the properties of black cumin seed oil which are primarily driving the black cumin seed oil market are its potential use to alleviate asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues, that balance the immune system, reduce cancer tumor, induce anti-inflammatory properties for encephalomyelitis, colitis, peritonitis, oedama, and arthritis through suppression of the inflammatory mediators prostaglandins and leukotriens, fight microbes including bacteria, viruses, helminths, and fungus, aid digestion and decrease gas, bloating and stomach pain, to treat skin problems like eczema and psoriasis, promote healthy cholesterol levels, normalizes blood pressure, Inhibits Candida and fungus growth. The restraints of black cumin seed oil market are relatively few however are potential to affect the market and include the weak penetration in the market owing to the lack of awareness amongst the population regarding the product and selection of potential alternatives. Also, a few cases have been reported owing to the side-effects of black cumin seed oil for instance the onset of contact dermatitis, hypotension, and other allergic reactions.
The South Asian countries such as India, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and others lead as the top exporters as well as manufacturers of the black cumin seed oil market followed by North America and Europe. Most imports have been witnessed by the countries like U.S, Germany, U.K, China, Saudi Arabia, France, and others. Asia will remain as a potential market attributing to the growing economies of India and China. Furthermore, great potential in the black cumin seed oil market can be attributed to its diverse uses.
Major Key players:-
Some of the major key who are driving the myrtle essential oil market globally are The Blessed Seed, Z-Company, Hab Shifa, Amazing Nutrition, Organika Health Products Inc., Complete Organics and the like.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.