Bitumen Membranes Market: Overview
The bitumen membranes market is gaining on the back of efforts to strengthen waterproofing of roofs of building structures and engineering structures. Composed of organic liquids which are sticky, highly viscous, and waterproof, bitumen membranes are designed to provide protection for commercial and residential establishments.
Applications of bitumen membranes are a few, including damp-proofing, rust-proofing, sealing, and joint and crack filling.
Growth of the automotive sector is another key factor behind the growth of bitumen membranes market. Bitumen membrane are widely used in the automotive sector for cap sheet applications.
Transparency Market Research in one of its upcoming market research publications sheds light on growth trends and business opportunities in the bitumen membrane market over the forecast period between 2019 and 2027. Analysts employed industry-centric statistical tools and verifiable research to present growth indicators pertinent to the bitumen membrane market.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Bitumen Membranes Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Bitumen Membranes Market: Notable Developments and Competitive Landscape
- Polyglass USA Inc. - a leading company of roofing and waterproofing mechanisms expands its line of self-adhered products. Called Elastoflex SA P Polar Cap and Elastoflex SA V Polar Base, the two products under bitumen membranes are optimized for performance in colder climatic conditions. These products feature resilient roofing that allow roof system installation for temperatures between 4ºC - 16ºC.
Elastoflex SA V Polar Base is fiberglass reinforced for robust dimensional stability. At the competitive front, the bitumen membranes market is chock-a-block with presence of numerous small-sized and large players worldwide.
In recent years, emergence of small regional players in China and India have intensified competition in the overall bitumen membranes market. To maintain a competitive advantage, large manufacturers of bitumen membranes are engaging in mergers & acquisitions and partnerships with small regional players. For example, in 2017, BASF acquired Thermotek, which is a mainly engaged in waterproofing systems in Mexico. Following this acquisition, this has enabled BASF strengthen its position in Mexico.
Prominent companies operating in the global bitumen membranes market include
- Suprema International
- BMI Group
- Johns Manville
- Ardex, Isoltema Group
- BASF SE
- NORDIA S.A.
- BTM, IKO Group
- Firestone building Products Company LLC
- Tiki Tar, Baumerk, Total S.A.
- Bondall among others.
Bitumen Membranes Market: Key Trends
Rapid expansion of the construction industry in Asia Pacific, mainly because of massive development of commercial establishments in India and China is driving the bitumen membranes market.
Mandates for superior water proofing and rust-proof specifications for roofs of concrete structures in emerging economies is fuelling demand for bitumen membranes.
China, for instance, continues to invest extensively in the regional construction sector for ongoing industrial development. By numbers, in 2013, China recorded almost 50% spending in the construction sector in Asia Pacific. Besides this, lately, Beijing Municipal Corporation of Development and Reform announced 300 major construction projects amounting over US$300 billion. Of this 100 construction projects are for infrastructural development.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Bitumen Membranes Market here
Relaxation of government regulations for investment in the construction sector are also aiding progression of construction undertakings in China.
In India, exponential growth of the construction sector to meet infrastructural requirement for expanding industrial sector is indirectly stocking demand for bitumen membranes. In general, rising spending power, public and private investments, and government initiatives are aiding the construction sector in India. This, indirectly, fuels growth of bitumen membranes market.
Bitumen Membrane Market: Regional Outlook
Europe is one of the key regions among other key regions for bitumen membrane. The growth of bitumen membranes market in the region is mainly because of a mature construction industry. Besides this, Asia Pacific is witnessing to display extensive demand for bitumen membranes. Rapid expansion of the construction industry in the region is key behind growth of the bitumen membranes market in Asia Pacific.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.