Birthday Candle: Introduction
- Birthday candles are short, slight taper candles made from nontoxic paraffin wax that are safe even if they drip onto the frosting. Paraffin wax candles are made from a petroleum byproduct. Paraffin wax candles that are not manufactured in adherence to prescribed regulations are often harmful for health; however, a completely safe alternative to paraffin wax birthday candles is pure beeswax birthday candles. Beeswax burns clearly and is naturally healthier. These candles are not made from processed synthetic ingredients and are virtually dripless.
Key Drivers of Global Birthday Candle Market
- Rising disposable income of individuals worldwide has resulted in increasing affordability of birthday celebrations. This has fueled the global birthday candle market. Additionally, innovative birthday candles are gaining popularity among children, which is catering to the rise in demand for birthday candles. Sparkler candles, DIY fruit candles, glitter candles, and novelty candles are a few examples of innovative candles, which in turn is boosting the global birthday candles market.
- Advent of e-commerce platforms has helped consumers by providing a wide variety of products to choose from at affordable prices. E-commerce platforms also help manufacturers and sellers to expand their geographic presence, thereby propelling the global birthday candle market.
Usage of low cost birthday candles is anticipated to hamper the growth of the market:
- Most birthday candles that are manufactured worldwide do not comply with prescribed regulations. Paraffin, a key chemical used in the manufacture of birthday candles, is toxic in nature. Birthday candles often melt on the cake, which is often consumed and can cause health issues as most paraffin candles emits chemicals such as toluene, benzene and naphthalene. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the birthday candle market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Birthday Candle Market, Request for a Sample
Increasing innovation leading to advent of new agronomic and environment-friendly designs to offer attractive opportunities to global birthday candle market
- Innovative designs of birthday candles are anticipated to offer significant opportunities to the global birthday candle market. For instance, edible birthday candles are not made of wax and can be consumed safely. Such innovation is anticipated to offer considerable opportunities to the global birthday candle market.
Asia Pacific to offer lucrative opportunity to global birthday candle market
- In terms of geography, the global birthday candle market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- Companies in North America and Europe are home to a few key companies that specialize in the manufacture of birthday candles
- Asia Pacific, on the other hand, is a highly lucrative market for birthday candles, globally. China is a prominent manufacturer of birthday candles.
- South America and Middle East & Africa are expected to offer significant opportunity to the birthday candle market
Key Players Operating in Global Birthday Candle Market
The global birthday candle market is highly fragmented market owing to the presence of several key global players coupled with numerous regional-based birthday candle manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global birthday candle market include:
- Bolsius International BV
- Birthday Candles Scandinavia Group AB
- Delsbo Birthday Candle AB
- Diana Lys A/S
- DK international interior AS
- DUFFY & SCOTT Birthday Candlemakers Ltd.
- Erich Kopschitz GmbH
- Gebr. Müller
- KCB UMA GmbH
- Monterosa Zelandi Srl
- S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Schulthess Kerzen GmbH
- The Gala-Birthday Candles Group
- The Yankee Birthday Candle Company
- Vollmar GmbH
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Birthday Candle Market: Research Scope
Global Birthday Candle Market, by Type
- Number Candles
- Character/Thee Candles
- Others (Taper Candles etc.)
Global Birthday Candle Market, by Raw Material
- Paraffin Wax
- Palm Wax
- Soy Wax
- Others (Sunflower Wax, Vegetable Oil Wax, etc.)
Global Birthday Candle Market, by Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Other retail based stores
Global Birthday Candle Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.