Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride: Introduction
- Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride (BPDA) is a raw material commonly used in the preparation of commercial polyimide resin, which is further employed in the production of information and electronic technology products such as mobile phones and copying machines
- Polyimide made up of BPDA monomer is primarily used in heat-resistant plastic films, electronic circuits, middle transfer and fixing belts of copying machines and printers, color resist inks, etc.
- Condensation reaction of a diamine with dianhydride (BPDA) is the primary method to synthesize polyimide. This leads to the formation of a polyamic acid (PPA) intermediate, which can be dehydrated to form polyimide.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride Market
Key Drivers of Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride Market
- The Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride market is highly dependent on the consumption of polyimide in its various end-use industries such as electronics, aerospace, and automobiles. Polyimides derived from BPDA and aromatic diamines (2,2'-bis (trifluoromethyl) benzidine and 9,9'-fluorenylidene-4,4'-dianiline) possess high glass transition and degradation temperatures, and are soluble in organic solvents. Polyimide is employed in several applications in electronics. It is primarily used in wafer carriers and guides, test holders, chip trays, hard disk drive components, electrical connectors, coil bobbins, wire insulators, digital copiers, and printer components. Demand for electronic devices such as smartphones, computer accessories, and televisions has been rising at a rapid pace. The millennial population is the key demand creator of these devices. China, South Korea, and Taiwan are the major exporters of electronic devices. The electronic devices market has been expanding at an average growth rate of 7% to 8% annually. Increase in customer base in the countries mentioned above is anticipated to propel the demand for polyimides, thereby driving the demand for BPDA during the forecast period.
- Increase in disposable income of individuals and rise in work-from-home culture are estimated to boost the demand for electronic products, thereby augmenting the demand for BPDA, which is one of the key components of polyimides, in the near future
Key Restraint of Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride Market
- Hexafluoroisopropylidenebisphthalic Dianhydride (6FDA), Pyromellitic dianhydride (PMDA), and Oxydiphthalic Anhydride (ODPA) are the substitutes of biphenyltetracarboxylic dianhydride. Easy availability of the substitutes can hamper the market.
Covid-19 Impact on Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on end-use industries of BPDA. The electrical & electronics industry contributes significantly to the global Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride market. However, the global electronics industry has been facing supply chain issues due to the lockdown caused by COVID-19 pandemic. The sector is estimated to revive as soon as production of non-essential items (electronic components and products) starts.
Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride market can be segregated into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific and North America are anticipated to constitute major share of the global market during the forecast period. The Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant pace due to the rise in per capita income in developing economies such as China and India. Increase in per capita income is boosting the spending power of consumers. This, in turn, is estimated to propel the demand for electrical & electronics products (wire & cables and many more) in Asia Pacific.
- Middle East & Africa is expected to be a lucrative region of the global Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride market during the forecast period due to the rise in demand for polymers such as polyimides in wire & cables and pressure sensitive tapes in the region
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride market include:
- Akron Polymer Systems, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Ube Industries
- Aether Industries
- Shangdong Helishi
- Merck KGaA
- Liyang Qinfeng Fine Chemical
- Alfa Chemistry
Global Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride Market: Research Scope
Global Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride Market, by Purity
- Below 90%
- 90% - 95%
- Above 95%
Global Biphenyltetracarboxylic Dianhydride Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.