- Biphenyl is primarily used as a fungicide for citrus crops. It plays an important role as an antimicrobial food preservative and antifungal agrochemical. Biphenyls are important structural analogs, which are used significantly in synthesis of various compounds. Earlier, biphenyl derivatives were widely used as pesticides in the form of polychlorinated biphenyls.
- Biphenyl appears as a clear colorless liquid with pleasant odor. It is insoluble in water.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Biphenyls Market
- Biphenyl is widely used as food preservative and flavoring agent. It is found in several fruits and vegetables such as wine grapes, carrots, peas, bell peppers, tomatoes, milk, smoked fatty fish, cocoa, roasted peanuts, buckwheat, and tamarind. Generally, fruit packaging is impregnated with biphenyl, which evaporates into the air space surrounding the fruit. Some biphenyl is absorbed by the fruit skin.
- Biphenyl is also widely used in formation of synthetic intermediates for synthesis of hetero aromatic and polycyclic aromatic compounds, as it possesses a wide range of properties. This is expected to drive the global biphenyls market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Agrochemicals Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of volume, the agrochemicals application segment accounted for major share of the global biphenyls market in 2019. Biphenyl is used in the agricultural sector as active ingredient for controlling plant pests. It has very useful curative, preventive, and systemic properties. It is used to protect numerous cultivated plants. The compounds of biphenyl can be used to inhibit or destroy pests that occur on plants or parts of plants of different crops, while at the same time protecting parts of the plants that grow later
- Biphenyl is also employed in organic syntheses, heat transfer fluids, dye carriers, food preservatives, and as intermediate for polychlorinated biphenyls
Volatility in Raw Material Prices to Hamper Market
- Biphenyl is a benzenoid aromatic compound, which occurs naturally in coal tar, crude oil, and natural gas. However, currently, the prices of these materials vary, due to the global coronavirus pandemic crisis. This is hampering the global biphenyls market.
- Prices of biphenyl have been increasing since the last few years. They are estimated to rise further during the forecast period. Thus, volatility in raw material prices is likely to restrain the biphenyls market.
- Butyraldehyde is also used as a pesticide and crop protection chemical. However, it poses health hazard as well as environmental threats through direct contact. This is projected to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact on Biphenyls Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted a large number of countries across the globe. Various measures introduced to deal with the pandemic, such as lockdowns, decrease in trade activities, and shutdown of various factories and workplaces in several countries, could save lives; however, these measures are having wide-ranging economic effects and inducing economic contagion. Along with the risk of slowdown of global growth, the effects of COVID-19 are adversely affecting various sectors in economies across the globe.
- The chemicals industry is also likely to feel the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. The chemical sector’s supply chain has historically been strongly dependent on China, which has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Logistics in China was also a matter of concern during the pandemic, as it significantly affected the sales of chemical production companies.
- In April 2020, the prices of crude oil suffered the biggest decline since the start of the Gulf War in 1991. This collapse caused a major shift in chemical feedstock prices and the global competitive order. The U.S., losing its cost advantage from shale gas, and the Middle East have been negatively impacted. Thus, the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic is estimated to be high on the biphenyls market in 2020 and 2021.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Biphenyls Market
- Based on region, the global biphenyls market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to constitute major share of the market, owing to the presence of a number of agrochemicals manufacturing companies in the region. China is expected to account for prominent share of the biphenyls market in the region, due to the presence of large number of chemical companies in the country.
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in the production of specialty chemicals across the region
Prominent Players in Market
Key players operating in the global biphenyls market include:
- Springchem New Material Technology
- Henan DaKen Chemical
- Henan Tianfu Chemical
- ATK CHEMICAL COMPANY LIMITED
- AB PharmaTech
- Beijing Green Guardee Technology
Global Biphenyls Market: Research Scope
Global Biphenyls Market, by Application
- Purity Above 98%
- Purity 97%
Global Biphenyls Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Chemical Intermediates
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.