The continuing COVID-19 outbreak is projected to have a substantial impact on the pharmaceuticals sector worldwide. The majority of biopharmaceutical firms are working hard to produce vaccines against the SARS-CoV2 virus. Traditional vaccinations, such as attenuated and inactivated vaccines, are amongst the choices. However, sophisticated protein subunit vaccines, RNA, and DNA comprise the majority of vaccine candidates under development. Over the course of the epidemic, this factor is projected to raise the demand in the global biopharmaceuticals market in the near future. However, owing to the healthcare system's shifting goals to prevent infections amongst clinical trial patients, clinical and regulatory proceedings for medication candidates for other indications could go slowly.
An increasing focus on research and accompanying investments is helping to meet the large demand for biopharmaceuticals. Biopharmaceutical products' capacity to treat previously untreatable illnesses has resulted in the introduction of novel medications to the market. As a result of the aforementioned factors, the global biopharmaceuticals market is predicted to expand in the years to come. An increasing focus on research and accompanying investments is helping to meet the massive demand for biopharmaceuticals. Biopharmaceutical products' capacity to treat illnesses that were earlier untreatable has resulted in the introduction of new medications to the market. In addition, the desire to avoid the adverse consequences linked with some small-molecule medicines and invasive surgical therapies is likely to drive up demand in the global biopharmaceuticals market in the near future.
- Biopharmaceuticals are medicinal products that contain sugars, proteins, nucleic acid, living cells, and tissues that are derived from various biological sources such as micro-organisms, humans, and animals
- Biopharmaceuticals are extensively utilized for the treatment of a wide variety of medical conditions as well as for in vivo diagnosis purposes
- Recombinant human insulin ‘Humulin’ was the first biopharmaceutical approved for human therapeutic use in 1982
- Since then different types of biopharmaceuticals have been developed such as vaccines, whole blood, immunosera, antigens, hormones, cytokines, enzymes, allergenic, cell and gene therapies, monoclonal antibodies and products derived from recombinant DNA
Biopharmaceuticals Market: Key Drivers
- Demand for biopharmaceuticals has been increasing considerably for the last few years, as biopharmaceuticals are structurally similar to human body components. This helps in treating cancer, diabetes, psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis in a highly effective manner.
- Extensive application of biopharmaceuticals in the treatment of chronic disorders such as diabetes, autoimmune disorders, cancer, and hematological malignancies is a key factor that is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period
- Moreover, increasing research & development activities carried out by key players and approval of newer biopharmaceuticals products are other trends witnessed in the market that are boosting the global biopharmaceuticals market
- However, complex manufacturing process, stringent government regulations, and high cost of therapy are likely to hamper the market
Monoclonal Antibodies Segment to Dominate Global Market
- The global market for biopharmaceuticals can be segmented based on product, application, distribution channel, and region
- Based on product, the biopharmaceuticals market can be divided into monoclonal antibody, vaccines, coagulation and growth factors, insulin, interferons, erythropoietin, hormones, and others
- The monoclonal antibodies segment is projected to lead the global biopharmaceuticals market owing to extensive use of monoclonal antibodies in therapeutics of chronic disorders as well as multiple applications in in vitro diagnostics
Therapeutic Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, the biopharmaceuticals market can be divided into therapeutics, diagnosis and prevention. The therapeutics segment is projected to lead the global market during the forecast period.
- The therapeutics segment can further be classified into oncology, hematology, autoimmune disorders, neurology, infectious disease, dermatology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, endocrinology, ophthalmology, and others
- The oncology sub-segment is projected to lead the therapeutics segment of the global biopharmaceuticals market owing to high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of cancer cases across the globe
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of distribution channel, the global biopharmaceuticals market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, diagnostic laboratories, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Large number of retail pharmacies coupled with easy accessibility and availability of biopharmaceuticals at retail pharmacies is a key factor that is estimated to drive the segment during the forecast period
North America to Dominate Global Biopharmaceuticals Market
- In terms of region, the global biopharmaceuticals market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global biopharmaceuticals market during the forecast period. High prevalence and increase in incidence of chronic disorders, rise in number of geriatric population that is highly susceptible to age related disorders, and high per capita healthcare expenditure in the region are key factors that are expected to boost the market in North America during the forecast period.
- The biopharmaceuticals market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to a rise in the number of people suffering from diabetes and other chronic diseases, new product development and increased availability of these products in Asia, and increased adoption of these devices.
- Significant expansion of the healthcare industry, easy access to healthcare facilities, and increase in investments in healthcare by leading players in Asia Pacific are projected to augment the market in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Biopharmaceuticals Market
The global biopharmaceuticals market is consolidated, with a few number of international and domestic players holding a major share of the global market. Prominent players operating in the global biopharmaceuticals market include:
- Abbott Laboratories.
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Biogen, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Johnson & Johnson.
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- UCB S.A.
- Serum Institute of India
- Sanofi Aventis AG
- Allergan plc
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Novartis AG
Global Biopharmaceuticals Market: Research Scope
Global Biopharmaceuticals Market, by Product
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Coagulation and growth factors
Global Biopharmaceuticals Market, by Application
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Infectious Disease
Global Biopharmaceuticals Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Online Pharmacies
Global Biopharmaceuticals Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.