Global Biometric ATM Market – Introduction
- A biometric ATM is specifically designed to use biometric authentication technology to identify customers and allow them to withdraw cash safely and securely. A biometric ATM provides strong & accurate authentication and allow users to access their accounts at their convenience.
- A biometric ATM enable customers to conduct financial transactions or withdraw currency after a fruitful finger vein or fingerprint scanner. The biometric authentication technology used generally finger vein print or palm Biometric, even though they may also use other functionalities includes face recognition or iris recognition.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Need for multi-factor authentication (MFA) driving the global biometric ATM market
- Most organizations have recognized the importance of multi-factor authentication due to the increase in data breaches and fraud attackers, and are beginning to focus on better ways to secure end-user identities. Multi-factor authentication (MFA) requires users to have at least two out of three types of credentials such as PIN number or password; a physical component such as an iPhone or fob; and/or a biometric component such as a fingerprint or voice recognition before gaining access to company data.
- Multi-factor authentication not only improves security, but also enhances the consumers’ productivity and user experience and reduces operational costs. Large as well as small and medium-sized enterprises are adopting multi-factor solutions such as voice, face, retina, and fingerprint recognition to provide an efficient user experience. Therefore, necessity of multi-factor authentication (MFA) is significantly increasing the adoption of biometric ATM worldwide.
Growing penetration and adoption of voice biometric solutions in the finance sector creating better opportunity for the growth of the biometric ATM market
- Countries across the globe have become proactive in adopting new technology. New forms of authentication are developed to secure online as well as offline resources. Biometric ATM have garnered significant attention for both fraud prevention and authentication. Therefore, many enterprises are active in implementing advanced authentication solutions for their consumers.
- Financial institutions are increasingly demanding voice biometric solutions due to the ever increasing rate of data breaches. All banks are adopting voice biometric solutions in order to secure the sensitive information of clients and consumers.
- For instance, in 2018, various financial institutions and banks such as Australian Taxation Office, Barclays, ANZ, Royal Bank of Canada, and ICICI Bank deployed nearby 1 million voice biometric solutions from Nuance Communications that have been effective in blocking fraudsters and authenticating customers from unlawful access.
- Furthermore, in 2017, HSBC enabled voice-based authentication for customers in the U.S. and is broadly expanding the voice biometric system in four languages: English, Spanish, Mandarin, and Cantonese to serve domestic and international clients.
Technical issues while using biometric ATM hampering the market
- Face recognition, iris recognition, and voice recognition are the most preferred forms of biometric identification among consumers, however, it faces major challenges on technical front. For instance, lack of accuracy and misinterpretation because voice recognition solutions do not always put the words on the screen accurately and also the context of language sometimes is not verified, often resulting in misinterpretation. Therefore, technical issues are significantly hampering the biometric ATM market worldwide.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to hold major share of the global biometric ATM market
- In terms of region, the global biometric ATM market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global biometric ATM market during the forecast period, owing to the presence of prominent players and government funding for deploying biometric solutions to provide security and customer satisfaction, specifically in the U.S. and Canada. Europe is estimated to be the second largest market for biometric ATM from 2019 to 2027, led by the increasing government initiatives to encourage Biometric adoption, which is likely to help the growth of the biometric ATM market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global biometric ATM market during the forecast period, owing to the adoption of biometric solutions specifically in Singapore, China, India, Malaysia, Taiwan etc., which is expected to increase the adoption of biometric ATMs in the region.
Global Biometric ATM Market – Competition Landscape
- In February 2019, Taiwanese financial institution "E. SUN Commercial Bank" successfully deployed biometric ATMs with the help of NEC Corporation for safe & secure transactions. NEC's facial biometric authentication technologies utilize AI to identify whether a subject is a real person to stop fraudulent activities.
- In July 2016, Taiwan’s CTBC Bank Co., Ltd. successfully deployed finger vein authentication solution for ATMs with the help of Hitachi-Omron Terminal Solutions, Corp. This initiative would help the company to expand its market share across Taiwan.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
- Hitachi-Omron Terminal Solutions, Corp.
- NEC Corporation
- BioEnable Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- DERMALOG Identification Systems GmbH
- Mantra Softech (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- IT Consultants Ltd
Global Biometric ATM Market: Research Scope
Global Biometric ATM Market, by Component
- Fingerprint Reader
- Professional Services
- Manages Services
Global Biometric ATM Market, by Recognition Type
- Gait Recognition
- MV Based
- FS Based
- WS Based
- Fingerprint Recognition
- Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS)
- Non Automated Fingerprint Identification System (Non-AFIS)
- Facial Recognition
- Iris Recognition
- Voice Recognition
- Ear Acoustic Authentication
- Others (Signature, Vein, and Hand Recognition)
Global Biometric ATM Market, by Application
- Forensic Voice Analysis
- Access Security
- Authentication and Fraud detection
- Customer Verification
- Transaction Processing
- Speech enabled password reset
- Others (Vocal Passphrase etc.)
Global Biometric ATM Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.