A biomarker also known as biological marker is a gene, molecule or characteristic by which biological state of the body is measured in order to assess and predict a particular disease or some other physiological state of an individual. It helps clinicians in disease identification and effectively plan treatment process. Biomarkers are extensively applied for diagnosis and clinical decision making in various medical specialties including cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Owing to its ability to diagnose diseases at an early stage, biomarkers are extensively used in the cancer diagnosis and treatment. The global market for biomarker discovery technologies has been segmented into omics technology (proteomics, genomics and transcriptomics), imaging technology and bioinformatics. Omics technology represents the largest segment of the biomarker discovery technologies market. In terms of application, the market has been segmented into drug discovery, diagnostics and personalized medicine. The market can also be segmented such as oncology, diabetes, cardiology, neurology and others, in terms of disease application.
The market for biomarker technologies is expanding worldwide under the influence of factors such as advances in the area of discovery technologies, governmental initiatives supporting research in the area of biomarker technologies and increasing incidences of various diseases such as cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular and neurological disorders. Sources from National Cancer Institute (NCI) reveal that in 2011, approximately 13,397,159 people were affected with various cancer types in the United States. The National Cancer Institute (NCI) further states that an estimated 1,666,540 new cases of cancer are expected to be identified during 2014 in the United States. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), worldwide nearly 382 million people were living with diabetes in 2013. This number is expected to reach nearly 592 million by the end of 2035. China and India represent the first and second positions among top countries with high prevalence of diabetes, 98.4 million and 65.1 million respectively. The aforementioned stats indicate a favorable market for biomarker technologies during coming years. The market may face significant challenge due to high initial investment for biomarker discovery.
Globally, the market for biomarker technologies has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The market for biomarker technologies is mainly dominated by North America, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). Well established healthcare infrastructure and favorable reimbursement scenario are among the major factors responsible for North America’s leading position. Asia-Pacific is likely to emerge as the high potential market during upcoming years. Presence of a large number of patients with cancer and diabetes, emerging economies of India and China, and improving healthcare infrastructure are some major factors that are expected to drive the market growth in the region. Conducting of clinical trials at low cost as compared to developed region is one of the major factors that attract multinational companies to invest in the growing market of Asia-Pacific. RoW region comprise Latin America, Africa and Middle East countries. Lack of awareness, low per capita income and poor healthcare infrastructure have been among major factors restraining the market growth in the region since long. However, during coming future, the market will witness a substantial growth in the region owing to growing awareness and economical growth.
Abbott Laboratories, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Affymetrix Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher Corporation, Gen-Probe Inc., F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., DiagnoCure Inc., and Siemens Healthcare are some major companies operating in the biomarker technologies market.
This research report analyzes this market on the basis of its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.