Biological Wastewater Treatment Market: Introduction
- Biological wastewater treatment is the process of harnessing the action of bacteria, nematodes, and other microorganisms from wastewater. The process results in generation of clean water. The process of biological wastewater treatment seems to be simple, but in fact is a complex process and still under research.
- The contents that are present in wastewater are generally a buffet of organic matter, such as garbage, wastes, and partially digested foods. Wastewater may also contain pathogenic organisms, heavy metals, and toxins.
- Normal cellular processes are used to break down organic waste. Typically, biological wastewater treatments rely on bacteria, nematodes, and other small organisms in breaking down the organic wastes.
- The main objective of biological wastewater treatment is to establish a system in which the byproducts of decomposition are easily collected for proper disposal
- Biological wastewater treatment is used worldwide, owing to the benefits of being more economical and effective over several other mechanical or chemical processes
- Biological waste water treatment is generally classified into two main processes: aerobic and anaerobic. The process of biological wastewater treatment which takes place in the presence of oxygen is called aerobic process. On the contrary, process taking place in absence of oxygen is referred to as anaerobic process. In the process sequence, first, wastewater is treated to remove sediments and substance such as oil, which is referred to as primary treatment, after which the wastewater is sent for biological treatment.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Biological Wastewater Treatment Market
- The rapid growth in industrial sector that includes pulp & paper, meat & poultry, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, textile, dairy, breweries, oil & gas, and metal in developed as well as in developing regions in the world, owing to stringent regulations and high biological oxygen demand (BOD) requirements in industrial wastewater treatment is expected to drive the global biological wastewater treatment market during the forecast period.
- Rapidly growing population and industrialization, stringent regulations regarding the disposal of wastewater into the environment or for reuse, aging infrastructure, and water scarcity & reusability of wastewater are posing increasing demand for biological wastewater treatment. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the global biological wastewater treatment market in the next few years.
- Advantages of biological wastewater treatment such as lower operating costs compared to alternative treatment processes; efficient degrading and removal of organic and inorganic compounds; and improved flexibility are making biological wastewater treatment widely acceptable, thereby driving the biological wastewater treatment market globally.
Biological Wastewater Treatment: Processes
- Aerobic biological wastewater treatment process consists of an aerobic tank, oxidation ditches, surface & spray aeration, activated sludge, trickling filters, pond, lagoon-based treatments, and aerobic digestion
- Diffused aeration system, used in aerobic biological wastewater treatment process, allows maximum oxygen to enter the aerobic tank. Large quantity of oxygen helps bacteria and other organisms to decompose organic substances in the wastewater at a faster rate.
- The aerobic biological wastewater treatment process is used on a larger scale, due to its higher processing efficiency, simple design, and low capital cost
- Anaerobic biological wastewater treatment process takes place in an oxygen-free environment using bacteria that help organic material deteriorate. It consists of lagoons and septic tanks and the process is widely used to handle wastewater from food & beverages industry, municipal, chemical effluent, and agricultural waste.
- Low production of sludge, low consumption of energy, and production of byproducts such as methane gas after treatment are the advantages of using anaerobic biological wastewater treatment process
North America to Dominate Biological Wastewater Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global biological wastewater treatment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to hold significant share of the global biological wastewater treatment market in the next few years. Demand for biological wastewater treatment is likely to increase in North America due to aging infrastructure, economic development, and increasing consumption of water from industries.
- The biological wastewater treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a faster rate, due to the factors such as rapidly increasing population, industrialization, and urbanization
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global biological wastewater treatment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players have prominent presence in the developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Suez Water Technologies & Solutions
- Aquatech International
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Ecolab Inc.
- Pentair plc
- Xylem Inc.
- Samco Technologies, Inc.
- Dryden Aqua Ltd.
- DAS Environmental Expert GmbH
- DowDuPont Inc.
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
Global Biological Wastewater Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Biological Wastewater Treatment Market, by Process
Global Biological Wastewater Treatment Market, by End-use Industry
- Pulp & Paper
- Meat & Poultry
- Others (textile, dairy, breweries, oil & gas, metal)
Global Biological Wastewater Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.